Netbunch Problems ! please help

HI Everybody,

My brother had one hosting account with mesopia which fell under Netbunch and now which has gone under WHP. During this period the servers of WHP got hacked and everything was lost. After trying to get his domain back up for several weeks i decided to take his hosting somwhere else even though he had several monsth left at WHP.

It was doing okay till 3 days back when he recieved an email for Netbuch(WHP) that his hosting bill is due. After which he wrote back to them that he longer wishes to continue the hosting. Upon which the support replied "You Idiot, you have been hosting with us till now and we are deleting your site." and his site went down.

How could this be as the domain is pointing to the new space.... the files are intact onthe new space... how could they do this...? if i check the who is info .. it show the following info

Could somebody please guide me on how i can get the domain working again?

Thanking you in advance
    Sumit

What is the domain name? If we can look it up we can tell you what its status is and maybe what is going on.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

HI Bailey,

The domain in questionis amitrampal.com

Sumit

Did you update the nameservers to point to your new hosting?

How could this be as the domain is pointing to the new space....
    Are you entirely sure about that?

Looks like a DNS issue to me, but sadly I'm no expert so I can't venture into any definite diagnostics. Contact your current host and domain registrar for help.

It looks as if your domain name has expired. Here is the whois results..

Domain Name.......... amitrampal.com
    Creation Date........ 2004-12-20
    Registration Date.... 2004-12-20
    Expiry Date.......... 2006-12-20

So, renew the domain name, and make sure the nameservers are pointing to the new host, and your site will come back online.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

But probably he'll need to wait to after the redemption date (which in some registrars is about 60 days).
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Only if it had gone into redemption, but since it just expired 2-1/2 weeks ago, it hadn't gone to redemption yet. Rather it looks like he has renewed it already:

Domain Name: AMITRAMPAL.COM
    Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
    Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
    Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
    Name Server: NS1-CAMP.NSWEBHOST.COM
    Name Server: NS2-CAMP.NSWEBHOST.COM
    Updated Date: 06-jan-2007
    Creation Date: 20-dec-2004
    Expiration Date: 20-dec-2007
    Problem resolved.

Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET)
    Only if it had gone into redemption, but since it just expired 2-1/2 weeks ago, it hadn't gone to redemption yet. Rather it looks like he has renewed it already:

Problem resolved.

Bailey
    Actually, maybe not. Some registrars will automatically extend the domain for 1 year within the system to allow for the redemption/deletion proccess to occur.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

How did I miss that?

Actually, maybe not. Some registrars will automatically extend the domain for 1 year within the system to allow for the redemption/deletion proccess to occur.
    Great point there. It appears that's exactly the case here.

http://whois.domaintools.com/amitrampal.com or http://whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=amitrampal&tld=com
    Registrar Status: clientHold
    Explanation:

A:WHOIS is a great tool, though it does require some knowledge of how the registration system works between the Registry and the Registrars in order to get a clear picture of the true state of the domain.

In this situation, if the domain's status is "REGISTRAR-HOLD", "CLIENTHOLD", "REDEMPTIONPERIOD" or "PENDINGDELETE", the domain has expired. If you look at the anniversary date of the domain it will be sometime within the past 75 days.

The reason the date in WHOIS displays next year’s date is because of the way domains are maintained by the central domain Registry when they expire. Once a domain hits its expiration date, the following things happen:

- The domain has a "temporary auto renewal" made to it by most Registries, and the Registrar is charged for this renewal. Funds are _not_ taken from the Registrant (owner) of the domain or the Reseller to do this.
    - The domain is put on Hold (either a CLIENTHOLD or a REGISTRAR-HOLD) by the Registrar in order to take the domain offline and give some indication to the domain owners that a renewal needs to be attended to since it wasn't made before the expiry date
    - The domain is held for a duration of around 40 days, after which point Tucows submits a request to DELETE the domain to the Registry
    - Rather than delete the domain immediately, the Registry will hold the domain for 30 days in a "Redemption Grace Period"

The expiration date may or may not change after the domain enters into the Redemption Grace Period. This depends on what type of domain it is:

- COM/NET - expiry date will revert to the original expiry when going into REDEMPTIONPERIOD
    - ORG/INFO - Expiry date stays the same through the RGP period (one year in advance)
    - BIZ/US - Date does not advance during the first 45 days
    Quoted from http://helpcenter.tucows.com/index.p...r=347&prog=TFC

His registrar is MelbourneIT. From MelbourneIT's Help Files:

What happens if I donít renew before the expiry date?

If a domain name licence is not renewed, on the expiry date it will be undelegated. This means that your email and website will no longer be found.

For .au domain names, you will have 14 days to renew your domain name as usual. When you renew it, your email and website will be available once more as the domain name's delegation is restored. At the end of this 14 day period, you will not be able to renew your domain name. There will be a period of 1-7 days before the domain name is deleted and it is availabe to be registered again.

For all other domain names, you have 3 days after your domain name has expired to renew it as usual. After this and up until 40 days after expiry, an extra fee may apply.

If you do not renew within 40 days, you will have to go through a redemption process to renew your domain name.
    An extra fee will apply for this service. This redemption period lasts 30 days.

Once the redemption period has ended, your domain name will be deleted from the registry after 5-10 days. At this point, your domain name can be registered by you or another party.

Once your domain name has been queued for deletion, you have lost the right to the name. You will have to re-register the name. To have the best chance of securing it once more, you should use Names by Request. This service automatically tries to register the domain name as soon as the name becomes available.

See How do I renew my domain name? and Are there any additional fees or charges for late renewals? for more details.
    Source: http://www.melbourneit.com.au/help/i...estionid=50175

40 days have not passed. Therefore according to their help system, the domain should not yet be in redemption. I'm not saying it isn't in redemption, I'm just saying according to their own docs, it's too early yet.

But, I think you guys are right, it hasn't been renewed, because under the detailed WHOIS it still shows a 2006 expiry:

Domain Name.......... amitrampal.com
    Creation Date........ 2004-12-20
    Registration Date.... 2004-12-20
    There are 2 different expiration dates depending on where you look. The detailed registration data shows 2006. The good news is that the NSWEBHOST.COM nameservers appear to be fine, that company is hosted at NAC, not WHP. So if he can just get his domain renewed, the site will hopefully come right up.

Bailey

For me the main point was the "clientHold" status, which is why I quoted what seemed to be a good explanation of what it means.