iPod? Great product... lets hope your not the unlucky one

Okay I finally got my iPod about 2 months ago. Everything was fine until I noticed dead pixels. I was like its alright, I can still listen to music. I then started adding more and more Youtube videos and I finally noticed the decline. I went to Apple's website then I got distracted by an old friend's Instant Message. I talked to her and we chit-chatted. So then I started listening to my daily music. The iPod itself is a perfect product.

Then weeks later I noticed that the "hold" button that prevents the iPod from being interrupted wasn't working. I was scared with this because now whenever I'm listening to music and I walk around it would accidentally "pause" or "Play" because nothing is covering the buttons with the "hold" button. This was unacceptable. I contacted other forums and asked them if anyone else was experiencing the dead pixels and hold button problems. They responded that my iPod was defective.

I ordered for the iPod replacement service just right now. I can't even find APPLE's Phone number or email. Why is it so hard to find? I've searched for 10 minutes then finally realized that you had to click the little link "how to contact apple" on the right sidebar. I am still pissed now as I was earlier. They don't evne have an email address that I can contact. And let me guess that their support is not available 24/7 and probably in odd time schedules where I'm at work.

I UNDERSTAND that APPLE is trying their best to satisfy all customer's needs, and not everyone can be fulfilled. Probably its just me and a few unlucky people thats experiencing this problem. Instead of repairing this product I will definely return it. Theres no way I'm buying from APPLE anymore. Oh wait I've been using it for 2 months so I can't return it? I'll see later on once I contact them.

Indeed, had nothing but problems from the start with my iPod. Communication in non-existant, they are the least helpful company i have ever come across. Even when visiting an APPLE store they couldnt advise me of any contact details.

Apple's phone numbers are very easy to find - At Apple.com, it lists its 1800-my-apple number at the bottom of the page, and the other numbers on there Contact Us page... That's where I'd expect to find those. I'm pretty sure they have 24/7 support - Why are you making assumptions without even trying to contact them? Lastly, if there's an Apple store near you, just bring your iPod there to get support.

I called their support about my battery dying (on TWO ipods) within 24 hours just sitting idle. They had me run some battery maintenance and all set since then
    I was on hold all of 5 minutes to get support.

My iPod nano, in which the screen stopped working, it happened the DAY after my 90 day warranty expired....

Regards,
    Anthony B.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrigade
    My iPod nano, in which the screen stopped working, it happened the DAY after my 90 day warranty expired....
    You can order some kits to fix that. I did it on one of the older iPods, after I dropped it running and the screen cracked. It's not too bad -- the hardest part is ripping the things apart.

I got an ipod from the wife for christmas aswell, been running fine so far, fingers crossed.

I could fix it. But it is like $120 for a new screen. That's almost half the price of a new one. I'll stick with my Zune. My iPod nano is just sitting besdide me

Regards,
    Anthony B.

Depending on where you bought it, the problem can be fixed.

For example, I bought mine at Best Buy. It was a Photo iPod (Before video came out). I keep getting the dead iPod image and I took it back and it was having many problems. They told me I could just exchange it for a new one.

Luckily, I knew the video was coming out and I asked if I could pay the difference (Which was only $50) so I wound up getting it a day before it officially came out (Since they had it in stock) and I got a whole new iPod.

All of my friends have problems with their iPods, even me.