Dotster SSL Certs

Hi everyone

I saw Dotster was doing Thawte SSL certs with a dynamic site seal for a measly $35 and I jumped at the idea. I bought one through Dotster's slight bizarre order wizard and gave them a $35 PayPal one-time authorization which resulted in the $35 being frozen in my PayPal account though not yet in theirs. The order failed and though they haven't proceeded to claim the $35 from the authorization, it is still frozen in my account and I haven't heard from Dotster despite an email to their support department which seems to be caused by the fact I sent the email in Friday afternoon and their offices aren't open at weekends.

I still want the $35 SSL cert and wondered if anywhere else is selling these Thawte SSL certs with the site seal (SSL123) for around $35 (except Dotster resellers) and whether anyone else has had similar experiences with Dotster. Further, does anyone see a problem in ordering another one and sending another authorization before I get a refund? Does anyone know how long this authorization will last until PayPal drop it as unused?

Thanks

I highly recommend http://www.ssl-certificates.com

You can use bargain

http://www.ssl-certificates.com/bargain/

I bought a SSL sertificate with bargain more cheaper.

I saw that but the guy on chat was a little cunning in his attempt not to discount a cert. I might try again later but until then, any experiences with Dotster SSL certs?

Directi/Resellerclub is probably the way to go, millions of resellers exist where you can purchase these types of Thawte SSL certs. Otherwise, I recommend RapidSSL or QuickSSL from geotrust resellers, they are equally as secure.
    •• polur.net | Premium web hosting solutions you can trust since 2004••
    High performance NVMe SSD, CloudLinux & LiteSpeed hosting with Canadian datacentres

Quote Originally Posted by PolurNET
    Directi/Resellerclub is probably the way to go, millions of resellers exist where you can purchase these types of Thawte SSL certs. Otherwise, I recommend RapidSSL or QuickSSL from geotrust resellers, they are equally as secure.
    I just need the SSL cert. I don't want to have to signup for a reseller account, pay in $12000 and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by VT6
    I just need the SSL cert. I don't want to have to signup for a reseller account, pay in $12000 and so forth.
    That's not what I meant, I was saying you should purchase from someone using their reseller services. They actually require no deposits, anyway. Instead, what I was alluding to you can purchase from a company that uses the directi/resellerclub system
    •• polur.net | Premium web hosting solutions you can trust since 2004••
    High performance NVMe SSD, CloudLinux & LiteSpeed hosting with Canadian datacentres

Quote Originally Posted by PolurNET
    That's not what I meant, I was saying you should purchase from someone using their reseller services. They actually require no deposits, anyway. Instead, what I was alluding to you can purchase from a company that uses the directi/resellerclub system
    Sorry for missing that. Do you have the names of any which are selling the SSL123 certs for around $35?

Must it be a Thawte SSL123 certificate? Godaddy.com offers a SSL certificate for $ 19.95.

And RegisterFly offers 2 for $10. I would like one with a dynamic site seal from an organisation as trusted as Thawte.

Okay. When you should probably go for a Geotrust, Thawte or VeriSign certificate.

What is your experience? Does it affect you sales what certificate you use?

It's more personal preference and I need some nice icons to display on my website .

VeriSign is too expensive. I'm looking at Thawte and GeoTrust but I was just surprised to see a Thawte one for $35.