Damn it won't leave!! what shoul i do?

I purchased some days ago a new server and moved 3 of my accounts to new server.

now after 3 day ( about 70 hours )

i still get half hits of the hits on old server!!

Forward the old server to the new one? Probably by modifying BIND? I'm not a technical person but just an idea.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

i have'nt deleted the domains from old server so i checked awstat and got about 1500 unique on old server today alone!

and about same amount on new server!

Edit the DNS zone on the old server so the A record points to the new servers IP until it fully propagates.

It could take several days (up to a week or two) for some strangely-configured DNS servers to finally recognize that there is new DNS information for your domains (even if you lowered your TTL's well in advance of transferring your domains).

Please go to www.dnsstuff.com and run teh test and paste the results here.

Thanks,
    -Shaun-

how about.. setup 2 new nameservers using the ip of the new servers and change the nameservers at the registrar.. that will take max 5 min to kick in..
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

Quote Originally Posted by thejustbiz
    how about.. setup 2 new nameservers using the ip of the new servers and change the nameservers at the registrar.. that will take max 5 min to kick in..
    It's a good idea to change the registrar info (actually you have to if you're moving to different IP space) but some take up to 24 hours just to update their databases then there is the DNS propagation itself which is usually on the order of 48-72 hours to globally propagate.

The OP will want to change the registrar's info for the primary/secondary DNS information for all domains he hosts then also take the above advice to change the NS and A/CNAME records for those DNS zones on the old server just to speed things along.