my music site - redone - again lol

Hi, after all of your comments i have changed the site layout and colours

I hope this one doesn't hurt your eyes

Tell me what you think of the design of the site (no content yet)

Also, the table borders are just there for my reference, will be gone when site goes up.

one mistake on site, at the top, where it says 'The Digital Dream' there is a light blue line under it, that was a mistake with the graphics and will be fixed

Also, take no notice of the fonts, will change them later

Hope you dont hate this one lol

Matt.

The link - http://www.thedigitaldream.co.uk

Dear Matt,

The site still needs some help...but don't get discouraged, it's all part of developing and learning.

You have to pick one color scheme and stick with it. This means if you want to pick "light blue", then you can use colors that go with "light blue". For example:

Light blue, white, black, yellow/orange

The colors that I gave in the example above match nicely together. For other color schemes, you can research the "Color wheel" (Art/Photography etc.) and see how colors go with one another.

Looking at your design, the left menu looks reminds me of Superman...the red just doesn't go with the other blues. Also, you have different shades of blue that doesn't quite match with one another. Picking the right color scheme (that is pleasing to the eyes) is the first step. Then you can work on graphic designing, like designing a logo.

Then ultimately, you will find yourself redoing some of the site and removing the excess white that is available. Ask yourself, "do I really need all the white space?" If not, take it out.

Anyway, hopefully you can use some of these suggestions to start. I'll get back to you with more tips later. Good luck

Kind regards,
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Hi getboxed, did you look at my website before, i think maybe it is still cached, as there is no red on the site.

Try refreshing, maybe you have got the new site, and i read your post wrong

Hi Matt,

No I haven't visited your website before...but to make sure I have cleared my cache and I still see the same website.

The red I see is coming from this image:
    http://www.thedigitaldream.co.uk/menu/menu_top.gif

Kind regards,
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

hmmm weird, because it USE to be red, about 1 hour ago, so you must still be seeing the red menu, the has now changed.

Maybe try looking at it later, if you got time

Thanx for visiting

I thnk the main thing on your site that needs the most help is your header/logo section. This section just does not go with the rest of the site.

I think you first need to establish a logo for your site. With the name digital dream, it shouldn't be that hard. The reason you need a logo is you need something for people to remember your name by, and a text name just won't do it. But if you plan on keeping the straight text logo, go out and find some cool trance fonts.

As for the actual header itself, it doesn't 100% span the bottom section with the links and the content....looks weird like that, I would try to attach the header itself to the links and the content and have that section where you have "one cool house and trance community" overlap the middle content section.

For a trance and house site, I would expect to have some sort of trance feel when I am on your site, and right now I don't get that feeling, maybe it is the color scheme that doesn't fit the whole trance theme, but you need something more.
    www.pajcorp.com -- coming soon to an internet near you...

Oklahoma Sooners all the way baby!!