Thread: ASP.Net Config

ASP.Net Config

Hello,

Im developing my website locally under Visual Web Developer and creating a Database and everything works fine and dandy until I try to deploy it to the host that runs IIS and ASP.Net

ITs kind of hard to explain what the problem is exactly. But the web.config file which displays the database connection information is what i dont understand how to get working.

Could someone explain how to deploy an ASP.Net 2.0 site from there local machine to a host running windows and using SQL Server 2005 express? The ASP site in itself works but the connection strings do not.

If I cant figure it out, I may have someone try and do it for me and Ill give them a small payment.

This is probably not enough info, but good for now.

You have to admin access to the server? You need to ensure that you the correct connection string to the SQL server.

I'm sure that you are missing out something here because I encounter this before when I was coding a project.

If you need help, PM me and we will proceed from there
    tanfwc
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement

In the server,can you check for the SQL server users like dbo is there,they have permissiions or can you check whther user permission is there for the ASP.NET.

This may be reason.

I mean the SQL user.Normally we are using dbo.spLogin for executing a stored procedure.In this dbo is the user.May in your context it doesnot have permission to execute.THis is what I am saying