help with forum software configuration

i have my free hosting forum site...
    i want help on 2 things

firstly..

i cant hide links..there is no hide option..so how to bring hide option

secondly

at last in forum in home page..administrator and moderator options are there..i want to increase it to like super mod,members,link checker..etc...which i know how to do with help of group admin=>management...but after doing that..
    those options dont come in home page with admin and mod...whyyyyy

waiting for response
    thankssssss

Which forum software are you using?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

well i am using phpbb software

Is it a free forum provided by certain company or website? Or do you have the full access (like you installed the forum etc)
    If it is a free hosted forum, it will be helpful to provide a link as different forum might have different options available.

its provided by a site...forumer.com

i installed phpbb software from it...

here is the link of my forum
    http://downloadmagic.11.forumer.com/

I have just registered at forumer. Though my forum says phpBB : Critical Error
    So I can't get into the forum at all.
    I will look into it when I can get into the admin planel of that phpboard.
    Also, what do you mean by hide links? What links are you trying to hide?
    About the member groups (super member etc), I am not sure if they have such an option or no such I can't get into the group.
    The management abilities might be limited due to its a free forum and you don't have root access to everything. However, normally, forum services like that have add on or plugins where you can probably find in the forumer forum.

Got into the admin panel. You can't access the index files. That means you can't put up the group in the front page.

You set groups up in the admin panel. Take a bit of time to take a look around the admin panel
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

so means since i am using free forum..i cant get the facility of putting different groups like sub mod,members etc....

abt hide links i meant that..like my forum is for films,song download..so i want each member not able to see the link unless he replies to the post...but that isnt there..

i have checked everything in admin panel..there isnt any option..i want to know isnt there any way to edit the coding..or thats not allowed..since i am new..so i dont know about it..

and thanks for all the help..

You can create different groups, but like you just can't show the group on the front page. which I believe is what you want, right? In your start post, you stated you know how to create groups etc. But want to show them on the front page *sorry if I have misunderstood

I have seen hide links option working in a IPB forum (not a free hosted forum)
    Not sure if PhpBoard has such a plugin or no.

I have installed the PhpBB in Forumer. I don't see any option for editing the codes or allow you to add any modification.

I have checked the Forumer forum there is forum for skining help. But there is no option for you to use any modification or plugins.

And Yes, because it is a free host forum, everything is preset and has limit of customization. I do believe there is other free host forums (though I think it is IPB) which allows you to edit your coding pages.

Hope this helps. Good luck

ohhh okk...ya i can make groups..but as u said i cant put them on front page...

so i cant edit coding using phpbb...is there any way to transfer from phpbb to ipb...or i need to build new forum using ipb..

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar2007
    ohhh okk...ya i can make groups..but as u said i cant put them on front page...

so i cant edit coding using phpbb...is there any way to transfer from phpbb to ipb...or i need to build new forum using ipb..
    Because you don't have the root access nor do you all the features that come with phpBB, therefore you can't convert phpBB to IPB (Forumer doesn't have database access) So, you will have to build a new forum using IPB. However, IPB functions will be limited as well. If you want a full functional forum, you will have to find a either a free hosting that offers such options or a paid hosting service.
    Good luck

oh okk..thanks a lot for all the information...