* Say No to DPMS Hosting, avoid lossing $$$$

Worst hosting company I ever used. I lost a Whole Year of Hosting Fee to them.

1. They have internal management problem, their staffs Daniel said he is unable to reach their boss for a whole period of 12 days.

2. The 90 days money back guarentee is fake, I requested for refund 12 days ago and still they never take any action

3. Dns server aways fail, and they don't admit there is a problem

4. Web server was down so many times, if you call for a Live chat, Jane will come up and she can't help you anyway. She will leave you for 15-30 minutes there without saying anything and go drink coffee herself.

5. Their boss Tony will be good to you before you paid, but disappear when you request for refund.

Anyone have the same experience? Is there any way I can get my money back?

Hi

Sorry to hear about all your issues with the host, to validate this, what domain do you have hosted with them?
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

hi~

the domain I hosted was lawrencemok.com
    it is no longer hosted there now, but my hosting account is still active as they take no action at all to my refund request

do you have any idea how I can get my money back, e.g. charge back?

i've moved to resellerzoom now

if your under your money back guarantee and they ain't refunded, advise them you will be doing chargeback within 5 days if no refund first.
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.

thanks for your help, I have leave them a message and saying I'll be doing chargeback... hopefully they will respect me now. I'll wait until Monday and see what they say.

I am in Hong Kong and I never asked my credit card issue to do any chargeback for me before, do you think I got a high chance to get back my money?

Quote Originally Posted by lawrencemok
    thanks for your help, I have leave them a message and saying I'll be doing chargeback... hopefully they will respect me now. I'll wait until Monday and see what they say.

I am in Hong Kong and I never asked my credit card issue to do any chargeback for me before, do you think I got a high chance to get back my money?

You need to contact your CC issuing bank to do a chargeback for services not rendered. THEY will be able to assist you.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Hello,

Sorry to hear about all your issues with the host. How is your new Host holding up?

Mike

hello, thanks for all your help first.

here's the update.

The staffs in DPMS said they feel the same way as I do and said their boss will not contact them at all. So nobody knows what's happening right now.

I've started to contact my CC company now and hopefully they can help me

I'll update this post whenever I got any progress on this

And so far my new reseller hosting is great, server is fast (US to HK, still around 150KB/s), and I didn't notice any downtime.

Anyway I will only consider web hosting that's paid monthly now, to avoid lossing money for whole year!

monthly is good if you are growing as well.. so you can swap out to another plan much easier.. Most hosting company will give you refund for upgrade and if you are happy with the service you might want to consider taking a full year, since paying upfront always give you discount.
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

Agreed, if ever in doubt, take a monthly plan to start, then if you want, you can then upgrade to annual billing.

Good luck with your new provider.

just got out from this host, too unreliable. stay away from it for the time being.

Me too! I just cancelled my DPMS account this week. Clowns of the highest order, and that's saying something because I'm also a survivor of the AffordableHost holocaust.

Aside from several unsolved tech issues, I couldn't get them to TAKE my money. I had a credit card on file and they wouldn't process my payment. Too bad. They were a decent host in the beginning.

Follow up

Hey, it's been long time and I would like to update the status. With the help of my credit card company I got all my money back without any problem.

And the new hosting company is still running great for me! Looks like it's not easy to find a good and cheap hosting but I'm lucky enough to get into one finally.

That's really the saddest part there, losing more bucks which you really have to work hard to have it again. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lawrencemok View Post
    Hey, it's been long time and I would like to update the status. With the help of my credit card company I got all my money back without any problem.

And the new hosting company is still running great for me! Looks like it's not easy to find a good and cheap hosting but I'm lucky enough to get into one finally.
    Thats good to hear. Good luck.
    Server Management + Support to your hosting clients (unlimited tickets and servers) in one monthly fee.
    Outsourced Support
    | ManageAndSupport.com.

**We will monitor and harden your server + provide direct support to your hosting customers.**