Pleaseee dont ever host with JaguarPC

Hi
    they lost one server called martin.nodirect.com. and guess what they had no backups of any data whatsoever. no secondary hard drives no tape backups nothing at all. On top of that their support team is not even sorry about what happened they just act as if its nothing unusual. I am begging you please dont ever host with JPC
    Nikhil Parchure
    for can & will
    www.cybizz.biz
    flash is future

This is incorrect. We had all databases, at least 95%, and most of home, but not all. We did have a misconfig on this backup and dont hide that. We compensated everyone, if you didnt get any yet let me know in a pm and I'll take care of you. We also offer a seperate backup service that you can control for as little as $10 mo , which we encourage if your not doing your own local backups. You can never have enough backups.

Of course we dont use tapes, nor second disks, we run full raid10 arrays over pcix for the fastest i/o in sata possible. Our backups are done to seperate massive 15X500g nas appliances and we have many of them. Your on a mission to post this same story so have it I guess. sorry to have disappointed you .
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Hardware failure happens and sometimes providers mess up, but this doesn't mean that you shouldn't have made your own backups. Never put all your eggs in one basket. Its always best for you and your customers to have a nightly offsite backup. I am sorry this happened to you but I believe you have learned a valuable lesson.

[[email protected]] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

Providers loose data through either not backing up, mis configs or just the backup device fails the same time as the main server. As Jag said you can get seperate backup space. Clients are ultimatly responsible for their own backups so you do need to make sure you have a copy, even if its just on your PC
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Hi
    I am new around here so i really cant talk authoratively regarding this issue. But here are my thoughts.
    1. Isnt it responsibility of host to keep data backups
    2. TOS almost covers everything and leaves no liability to hosts.
    3. If thats the case being a customer you are on loosing side no matter what happnes.
    i will love to hear thoughts of experienced guys about this
    sandy

Isnt it responsibility of host to keep data backups
    No. Some hosts may do this for you however it is always your job as a resposible designer/provider to make backups of your own content.

If thats the case being a customer you are on loosing side no matter what happnes.
    Not if you step up and accept the fact that you are responsible for your own backups. Then you will not have to rely on your provider if the need arises.

Also, if anyone wants to continue this conversation, lets create a new topic for it. The topic of this one is staying on top and could be causing unwanted/unwarranted bad business for JPC.

[[email protected]] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

slightly off topic but how do you download a whole backup to your own PC

I know how to download cPanel backups but not whole server backups

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxtechie
    slightly off topic but how do you download a whole backup to your own PC

I know how to download cPanel backups but not whole server backups
    tar everything, and then download it

At the end of the day your just paying for the ability to run a web-site for 24/7. Your not paying to make sure that that web-site is stored on extra facilities that do not do any HOSTING at all...And most HOSTS will provide such facilities at a VERY low cost.

Like most people if you are to lazy to download a back-up file everyday then create a hotmail or gmail account or set-up your server to back-up your system and then instantly e-mail the back-up to that address would be my way of getting around it...It's what i do.

Hi

Backups can come costly for a host, and when your getting 6000MB from $8 month what can you expect? If the host did off site backups on this JPC would be in a loss. Its a known saying "you get what you pay for". I would recommend in future to take regular self backups in CPanel.

Good luck
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro

I would recommend in future to take regular self backups in CPanel.

Good luck
    I think that there is many Varhosting customers out there who have learned that lesson right now.

Hans

you can take additional backup account from another company and make your back ups if it is possible

If one host state doing backups it should be done, what ever price you pay.

The host should ask for a price which allows him to offer the services advertised in the contract. There is no "you pay for what you get". Only serious host and not so-serious ones.

Regards,

G
    PutFile.io Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.