Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    windows web hosting

    Hi guys,
    I'd like to know if someone could advice a 'very' good company specialized or not (doesnt matter) in windows hosting.

    My requirements are:
    Disk Space: 3000 or more
    Monthly Data Transfer: 250gb or more
    Access database support
    Helm control panel
    Language support: ASP (of course)

    thx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    260
    Have you got a budget in mind?
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

  3. #3
    I'm looking for a professional company.. doesnt matter price

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Coast // NYC
    Posts
    1,693
    What kind of application are you looking to host? High CPU usage?

  5. #5
    yeah, high cpu usage and hundreds of query for hours

    let me know guys... suggest something

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by ifthenelse
    yeah, high cpu usage and hundreds of query for hours

    let me know guys... suggest something
    With high CPU usage and that many queries you are probably going to be better off looking for a VPS or Dedicated Server. Most shared hosts are not going to be willing to handle the high CPU usage.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Coast // NYC
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by XSI-Larry
    With high CPU usage and that many queries you are probably going to be better off looking for a VPS or Dedicated Server. Most shared hosts are not going to be willing to handle the high CPU usage.
    Agreed, you'll need to find something custom for your needs.

  8. #8

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by ifthenelse
    Hi guys,
    I'd like to know if someone could advice a 'very' good company specialized or not (doesnt matter) in windows hosting.

    My requirements are:
    Disk Space: 3000 or more
    Monthly Data Transfer: 250gb or more
    Access database support
    Helm control panel
    Language support: ASP (of course)

    thx
    few famous windows hosting i know, not using helm.
    here is the few that i could recommend:
    1) ipower windows plan : 9.95
    2) startlogic windows plan : 9.95
    3) lunarpages windows plan: 8.95
    4) ixwebhosting : 3.95
    5) hostexcellence : 2.95 (10 domains)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesgan
    few famous windows hosting i know, not using helm.
    here is the few that i could recommend:
    1) ipower windows plan : 9.95
    2) startlogic windows plan : 9.95
    3) lunarpages windows plan: 8.95
    4) ixwebhosting : 3.95
    5) hostexcellence : 2.95 (10 domains)
    Have you actually used any of these hosts?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    International
    Posts
    489
    Unfortunately with shared hosting you're probably going to be hitting resource limits on the query and CPU load front - can and often is set to throttle your usage. A host could increase that though so it sounds as if you need something custom and the standard plan wont fit. Not necessarily requiring a VPS or dedicated but if a long-term contract then they may be better suited.
    Matthew - Burton Hosting
    low cost shared, reseller, VPS & dedicated solutions for over five years - we've got what you need.
    http://www.burtonhosting.com
    http://www.getmesupport.com - server monitoring service for all!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    England, London
    Posts
    417
    Hello ,

    Please look in the advertising forum for windows vps they are lots of good offers there and as others said i dont really think shared hosting will work out !

    Navid N
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hanoi
    Posts
    4,306
    Do you really need up to 250GB? Do you have a live site that we can take a look?

  13. #13
    guys,
    thanks for help but my question was about hosting... (actually I'm in hosting)
    I'm not looking for VPS or other 'dedicated' solution but just a well known company where I can have a deal

    regards,

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Coast // NYC
    Posts
    1,693
    Ah ok, man in disguise -- you can be a superhero

  15. #15
    Hi,
    I'm not kidding.. I'm posting for help...
    please if you want to suggest something u r welcome

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    5,068
    Quote Originally Posted by ifthenelse
    guys,
    thanks for help but my question was about hosting... (actually I'm in hosting)
    I'm not looking for VPS or other 'dedicated' solution but just a well known company where I can have a deal

    regards,
    I am sorry but I am not exactly sure what you are looking for. You said you are not looking for a VPS or dedicated solution, hence I assume your are only looking for shared hosting. Is this correct? In this case I'll have to agree that it might be difficult to find such a host if you have an unusual high cpu usage.

    Nonetheless I could recommend CentralInfo. I hosted with them several years ago and was overall satisfied. However their pricing might be a bit high considering your requirements.
    Sitemeer.com - Is your site up?
    Multi-Location Service Availability Check ● yes, we do HTTPS & IDN!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •