Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dear good people... stop being nitpicking about this crap-
    So, you would consider your competition blatantly lying, and trying to trash you "crap"? I certainly wouldn't.
    What they're saying on their website is far from fact. In fact, it is a lie. They've proven said lie here, by repeating it.

I have used PSM for about a year... they have done well by me- that Is all i can vouch for. They should be able to work well with just about any datacenter.
    Their service isn't in question here, it's the fact that they have repeatedly lied, while trying to make competition look worse.

This is underhanded business tactics, and borderline fraudulent.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    So, you would consider your competition blatantly lying, and trying to trash you "crap"?
    the only one i see trashing anyone is you! you are personally attacking them and making your self look incredibly childish

if you have a problem with something psm said, y not discuss it with them directly first at least? contact them, see what they say, then report back here the outcome. i guess its because you prefer to just rant and complain here like a baby.

the only one i see trashing anyone is you
    There's a difference between "trashing" someone and pointing out the truth.
    Claiming "we're better than our competition because we don't host individuals" is a slam on their competition.
    Turning around and THEN hosting individuals is a flat out lie.

if you have a problem with something psm said, y not discuss it with them directly first at least?
    Because I have no desire to continue wasting my time dealing with individuals whom have no respect for the truth or their competition. They've had their chance to answer up, and lied about it publicly, so what makes you think they'll do anything else, differently?

Trashing someone (or flaming them), is something like this:
    i guess its because you prefer to just rant and complain here like a baby.
    Making a valid, true statement is neither flamatory, nor trashing, nor attacking. Your above statement, however was very flamatory, and VERY attacking. Not that I am surprised by it, mind you.

Their statement on their website basically states "We are better than our competition, because we don't sell hosting".
    Well, two things are wrong with that
    A> They're NOT better than their competition. They MAY be cheaper, but that's never better.
    B> They DO sell hosting, they're just trying to hide it

Because I have no desire to continue wasting my time
    now whos lieing lol. looks like you have plenty of time to waste, you've replied to this thread more than anyone else!!, plus your the only one is the thread complaining

A> They're NOT better than their competition. They MAY be cheaper, but that's never better.
    i have used them and a few others, and they outpreformed all of them. i never used you and never would based on the way you are conducting yourself here like a little kid

mods, why not close this thread, its only one competitor ranting on and on and on and on, not to mention the entire thread is wayyyyy off topic from the original question in this thread

now whos lieing
    its only one competitor ranting on and on and on and on,
    So, not only can we not spell, we can't count?

At last count, there were 4 individuals making the very same comment in this thread. What they are doing is phishy, shady, and wrong, end of story.

the entire thread is wayyyyy off topic
    Actually, no it's not.
    The topic DID get started off one place, yes, but it got driven in a different direction by someone else (imagine that, NOT ME).

This is a public forum. No trashing of competition is going on, no insults are going on, this is merely public fact. PSM are MORE than welcome to step up to the plate and explain things, but they have chosen not to. They've chosen to ignore public questions, so private questions will be just as ignored, clearly.

you are conducting yourself here like a little kid
    Now, now, let's see. Typical actions of conducting ones self like a child.
    A> Namecalling
    B> Repeated insults
    C> Lack of proper spelling and grammar, creating one's own vocabulary for their own use.

Now, it seems to me it's not me that's acting like a kid. I've yet to call anyone any names, I've yet to insult anyone, and, well, my spelling is (usually) not that bad. You on the other hand.....

It's really simple:
    It is a concern when individuals try to pull silly tricks such as have been played by PSM, and lie about not only themselves, but their competition. Even IF I wasn't a competitor of theirs, this point would be made by me, and proven.

PSM has refused to acknowledge or respond to the statements above, OR remove their lies from their website.

As far as me going on and on and on and on and on? Well, there's a simple way to stop that. Don't speak. You've said your peace, you've attacked me, and that I AM allowed to defend. Like it, don't like it, hey, that's cool, but when individuals directly call me out by placing stupid lies, or commenting negatively on what I've said, I'm not going to sit back in a corner and hide. I have every right to defend myself against such stupid childish stuff.

"Trashing" the competition means that someone is stating a falsehood. This is neither a falsehood, nor something made up. PSM claims one thing, yet does a completely different thing. They're lying there, end of story.

As to your statement of "who's lieing now"? Hey, if you twist anything around, you'll get it how you want it. I didn't say I wasn't "wasting my time", I said

Because I have no desire to continue wasting my time dealing with individuals whom have no respect for the truth or their competition. They've had their chance to answer up, and lied about it publicly, so what makes you think they'll do anything else, differently?
    And contributing to WHT is hardly "wasting my time".

I haven't had a chance to respond to this thread yet but I'd like to add my input now.

Platinum Server Management, Inc. and Coast Internet Solutions, Inc. are owned by the same person. Nobody ever lied about this, nobody ever denied this, and nobody is trying to hide this. Just look at the address on both sites and it's pretty easy to see this. If we were hiding it, obviously the first and foremost thing to do is change or remove the address.

But PSM and CoastInc are in fact completely separate and independent companies. PSM is not a division, it's not a subsidiary, it's not just a separate web site or name, it's actually a completely separate and independently registered corporation from CoastInc. They each have actual separate incorporation filings in the state of New Jersey, and are run by different employees. There is not a single employee (other than the owner) that works at PSM and also works at CoastInc or vice-versa.

CoastInc dedicated servers are bundled with the PSM service, so obviously the support for CoastInc servers is provided directly by PSM, this is openly and clearly stated directly on the CoastInc dedicated server page.

As was indicated on our PSM site, PSM does not offer dedicated servers.
    PSM is completely unbias. When someone asks for a server provider recommendation, or if anyone asks if PSM sells servers, we say no we do not, and recommend other providers such as layeredtech, softlayer, etc.

As far as the credit card billing for PSM being done by the same CoastInc merchant account, this is because the majority of PSM customers pay by paypal, so there was never a need to get an additional credit card merchant account, therefore credit card charges are still done through CoastInc currently. This is in the process of being changed.
    But this still does not change the fact that as I said originally, and as user `Premier` and user `jerett` and user `frattay22` explained perfectly in this thread, that both theoritically and legally, PSM does not sell servers, not the PSM web site, and not the PSM corporation.

The bottom line is that regardless of how anyone views this, there was never any intention to deceive anyone by saying PSM does not sell servers.
    But `linux-tech` does make a point of a possibility of confusion because PSM says we do not sell servers when CoastInc does sell servers, so I have now removed that statement from our PSM page that says we do not sell servers. I have also asked the moderators to remove our previous reply earlier in this thread saying PSM does not sell servers.

If anyone has any other questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Otherwise, I don't think this requires further discussion.
    The possibly confusing statement on our web site saying PSM does not sell servers has already been removed, and therefore this matter is resolved.

Thanks,
    Ethan
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 01-25-2007 at 12:11 PM.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Interesting, I IM'd with PSM and asked who they would suggest as a dedicated host and they said LayeredTech.

I asked about Softlayer and they said they were pretty good as well.

BZ

This is a great combination. We have used PSM for a few months now they have been quick to answer our tickets, also setting up various things on our server. These guys have been a great combination with SoftLayer. I say it is a great choice for anyone looking to have solid uptime and a great company backing them up. Thanks for all your support PSM!
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

I'm glad this was cleared up or at least explained in a way that hopefully everyone can understand. Ethan and the crew are top notch. We have been using them since before they changed their name over and they haven't failed us yet. We probably only submitted a dozen ticket all together but it's nice to know if something comes up that you need fixed quick they are on the job.

I'm not sure who pee'd in linux tech's cereal but being a competitor it doesn't look very professional bashing PSM on a public forum..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12