Moving website to another domain

Good Morning everyone,

I have purchased a domain I've been waiting on forever. Now that I have it, I want to move my site to that domain. Unfortunately, I have been using another domain for 4 years, but want to brand under the new domain name. I have also been using Adsense. Here are my questions, if anyone can help I would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is there a way to script or use mod_rewrite to forward the requests for http://olddomain.com/showthread.php?p=63837 to forward to http://newdomain.com/showthread.php?p=63837 so that when users hit the old link in google or other search engines, it won't be a dead link. And actually hit the thread they are requesting.

2. Would this affect my adsense hits or amount of money coming in because of this move? I'm heading towards the answer that it won't because I'll still get the same hits, if I do #1 properly.

3. Are there any other things that I need to think about, that I haven't that might be extremely important?

Thank you all!

If your Control Panel offers the feature of "Parked Domains", that would be easiest.
    Then it wouldn't matter what Domain name a person types in, both work the same. This applies to eMail addresses as well.

Where it gets confusing, no matter what you do, is if you Brand for one Domain name and people find you site using the other Domain name. No way around that though, unless you want to run two seperate sites with identical Content but different Branding.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Thank you for your post Rob.

The domains are somewhat similar. I was finally able to grab winforums.com, and its been under winforums.org for 4 years now. I will see if Plesk can park domains and give that a shot.

Thanks!

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^old_domain.com$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.old_domain.com$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.new_domain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

I will give that a shot. Thanks!

Not that you don't know but I just thought I should mention it for the sake of those who don't.
    One thing to consider on OriginXT's solution is that the old_domain has to be active on the server running the htaccess file in order for the modRewrite to work.
    This is the server to which the google link will go (for the old links).
    good luck.

I ran a quick test, that works AWESOME!

Thanks so much.