Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: registerfly

registerfly

has anyone succeeded in using the reseller api at registerfly.com ?
    I managed to write a script to register and transfer domains. I registered a domain two days ago. they charged my account , and the domain appears in my account but the domain was not actually registered. I had to go to another registry to register it.
    At the other registry it took just a few seconds for the info to appear in whois.

I placed a support ticket at registerfly.com and after two days I still don't have any answers from them

Btw does any of you have experience with www.domainjingles.com (
    http://pwinc.supersite.myorderbox.com/ ) ?

thanks for sharing

DomainJingles/MyOrderBox, uses Logicboxes control panel. That's enough info for me to stay well clear of them.
    Signature Under Construction.

I don't really need this to resell domains. I use it mostly because the prices for resellers are good and I use it through the api from my own interface.
    I was interested in any opinions about their service and support. If anyone had any troubles using them. I would like to know this before I move all my domains there.

Afaik, they are related to DNForum. I don't know much about them personally. I've only read a couple of comments about them in the last year. Both negative. DNF are reputable. You might want to ask there.

Quote Originally Posted by simscripts
    I managed to write a script to register and transfer domains. I registered a domain two days ago. they charged my account , and the domain appears in my account but the domain was not actually registered. I had to go to another registry to register it.
    At the other registry it took just a few seconds for the info to appear in whois.

I placed a support ticket at registerfly.com and after two days I still don't have any answers from them
    I had exactly the same experience with domains I thought were registered through RegisterFly on Jan. 1. So far 12 tickets and no real response other than 'please wait for 24 hours and try again"!

Most likely they are having technical problems? They always seem to have technical problems. Constantly for several days already.

has anyone succeeded in using the reseller api at registerfly.com ?

thanks for sharing
    Don't hold you breath waiting for a responce to a ticket from Support, I
    don't really think they have any.!!
    The domain probably was reg'd but it doesn't have an Authorization Code in
    it so even tho it's in your account you can't add any info for the whois therefore
    it doesn't show it was reg'd.

Go to your Account Manager
    1.Click on the domain name

2.Click on "Domain Contact
    Information".

3.Click on "configure".

4.See if the Authorization Code is on the bottom of this page.

The Contact info will be blank and there'll be NO code on the bottom,
    should just have a U where the code should be.

Last edited by ChiTown; 01-06-2007 at 10:01 PM.

[QUOTE=ChiTown]Go to your Account Manager
    1.Click on the domain name

2.Click on "Domain Contact
    Information".

3.Click on "configure".

4.See if the Authorization Code is on the bottom of this page.

[QUOTE]

Wow! You just answered a question I have been asking RF support for days (namely "How do I find the EPP Authorization Code so I can transfer my domains away?").

According to RF support, there are many domains registered with RF that they do not have authorization codes for (so even if the domain is correctly registered an authorization code may not be displayed) because the domains were originally registered by RF through Enom. RF stopped registering through Enom last year and started registering directly but the previously registered domains are still in Enom's system and Enom controls those authorization codes.

You can tell if you have a domain registered through RegisterFly but actually with Enom by:
    1. doing a WHOIS lookup on it and looking for the Registrar name
    2. initiating a renewal then wondering why you receive an e-mail asking you to authorize a transfer (because to renew the name with RF first requires a transfer from Enom to RF)
    3. leaving it and wondering why RF never sends you a renewal notice (because it seems Enom is not making RF aware of when the domains expire)

The support person also admitted they have a lot of bugs in their registration system (but we already knew that!).

I am moving all my domains away from RF and will not use them again until they can get their systems sorted and improve their support.

Thank you for the information that you posted. I am another person who has been hit by registerfly and the poor service. I have 3 domains that are paid for but not usable and are also not showing up as registered with the whois searches.

I thought that you would like to have a bit of a laugh at the part of the page which talks about transfers... taken directly from the RF site....

Domain Name Transfers
    Tired of registrars with poor service or ones who lure you with cheap prices only to discover the "cheap" price really is not that cheap? Does your current registrar offer 24/7 phone support? Is your current registrar a "virtual company" running their business out of their home? Is managing your domains or purchasing new ones becoming cumbersome? Moving to RegisterFly cannot get any easier. In as little as a day you can transfer your domain name and start enjoying the benefits of RegisterFly.com

Hmmm .... Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mjmather
    Thank you for the information that you posted. I am another person who has been hit by registerfly and the poor service. I have 3 domains that are paid for but not usable and are also not showing up as registered with the whois searches.

I thought that you would like to have a bit of a laugh at the part of the page which talks about transfers... taken directly from the RF site....

Domain Name Transfers
    Tired of registrars with poor service or ones who lure you with cheap prices only to discover the "cheap" price really is not that cheap? Does your current registrar offer 24/7 phone support? Is your current registrar a "virtual company" running their business out of their home? Is managing your domains or purchasing new ones becoming cumbersome? Moving to RegisterFly cannot get any easier. In as little as a day you can transfer your domain name and start enjoying the benefits of RegisterFly.com

Hmmm .... Mike
    Their 24/7 phone support ends at midnight and getting them on the bell
    doesn't do any good anyway unless you know how to fix the prob and tell them.
    I have over 1000 domains there and am constantly fixing something myself.
    Today I recieved around 30 emails like the one below.

ICANN, the organization responsible for the stability
    of the Internet, requires that each domain name registrant be given the opportunity to correct any inaccurate contact data (WHOIS data) associated
    with a domain name registration. Our records for your domain are as follows:
    md-1.net

Everything is in the domain info except the registrant...
    Everyday it's something but it's hard to beat 60 cent infos and $2.95 nets
    when your in the Biz or buying and selling domains..

Quote Originally Posted by mjmather

Domain Name Transfers
    I successfully transferred a domain out from RF last week but it is still showing in my RF account (though contact information page for the domain is completely blank). I thought I'd ask them to remove it but when I called their toll number (they got rid of their toll free number long ago), I was told that wait times are "currently 30 minutes." I tried creating a support ticket and it logged me out when I clicked on Submit on the ticket page.

If you want to get something done at RF, try to avoid the periods when their specials are running. They run for three or four days every two or three weeks.

I used them last year and had many problems logging in and moving funds. No support at all and uses the Logicbox interface. The DNF forum posts about them are not reassuring. Only use them if you are a pro, know what you are doing and won't ask noob questions. DNF bought them but never fully followed thru in their plans to support it and make it a player.

I've moved about 10 names over to RegisterFly and had trouble with 5 of them. The last one I tried to move, everything seemed to work fine except I didn't get the confirmation email which you have to reply to to actually initiate the transfer. Opened up a ticket and they said "there was a billing error" and to resubmit. Problem with that is my PayPal account was charged the $7.99 fee. They have major issues with all of their api's. Support is non-existent. I don't know how they're even in business. They close support tickets before you get a chance to respond to them, so you have to open multiple tickets for the same issue. In a word, they SUCK BIG TIME. Here's a great one: if you open up their "Live Chat" option, it just opens an email form. I filled it out just for grins, and the email that it sent out bounced.

The sooner people will realize the "level" of support and general services of registerfly the more time will have to save their domains

It's weird to say that all the time i read and participate in related forums i didn't see even 1 (one) positive review/opinion that will support the services of registrerfly

Is this a coincidence ?
    --- ZARDEN.com : Buy and Market Domain Names ---

Well, to their credit they just refunded my account with the fees initially deducted for the failed registrations and they did not argue about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBowd
    Well, to their credit they just refunded my account with the fees initially deducted for the failed registrations and they did not argue about it.
    You can get accounting on the phone fairly easy.
    And they do refund your money without a squak when the domains
    don't register..
    When they run those specials they time out while registering domains and
    they don't take..

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTown
    Don't hold you breath waiting for a responce to a ticket from Support, I don't really think they have any.!!
    they do but it takes days for them to respond and then the response is really useless. they never really answer your questions. It's like they have some standard answers that they just throw at you.
    The domain probably was reg'd but it doesn't have an Authorization Code in
    it so even tho it's in your account you can't add any info for the whois therefore
    it doesn't show it was reg'd.
    the domain was not registered. After 3-4 days I was able to register it with another registry ( domainjingles.com )

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBowd
    They refunded mine too but to my register fly account not to my bank account.
    But this is useless, I can't do anything with the money in my RF account if nothing elver works there.

You can ask them to refund you credit card from your registerfly account. They'll do that. I think it's quite normal practice for them to refund your account first.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    You can ask them to refund you credit card from your registerfly account. They'll do that. I think it's quite normal practice for them to refund your account first.
    I did ask them but they said it's against company's policy. So the money I put there are lost. Good thing I only put $20 for testing.

Good luck. I've had an open trouble ticket for 10 days with no helpful responses (only one response 8 days ago).

Tried the phone, waited an hour only to be told I should open another trouble ticket.

Tried live chat four times during the past 10 days, waiting 45+ minutes every time and just getting "open another trouble ticket"

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dovesdesign
    Good luck. I've had an open trouble ticket for 10 days with no helpful responses (only one response 8 days ago).

Tried the phone, waited an hour only to be told I should open another trouble ticket.

Tried live chat four times during the past 10 days, waiting 45+ minutes every time and just getting "open another trouble ticket"

Ugh.
    You play the lottery??
    The more tickets the better the chance of winning.
    I'd wait the 3 days they say it might take for a response
    and hit them with another asking what's the problum.

In time you'll get the right person to open the ticket and he'll stay
    in touch untill the matters fixed.
    I just got 2 things taken care of in 2 days, one of which was 7 domains
    not in my domain folder or their whois but in other whois and also in
    my accounting logs.
    Just looking up the days I spent money, It shows the domains you
    bought that day and the money they charged.

LOL Hey, good point. I have three open now. Maybe if I go open a few dozen more someone who can fix this will reply?

60 cent infos sounds good...but dealing with regfly sounds like hell...making the infos suddenly cost $10 of your time...
    With more success comes more expense!

I did ask them but they said it's against company's policy. So the money I put there are lost. Good thing I only put $20 for testing.
    I've had 2 refunds from Registerfly in the last 10 months or so. In both cases they were quick to acknowledge the refund was being processed and to wait 5 days, when sure enough, it was refunded to my credit card. The first time it went to my account first and the second time it went directly to my credit card. That "company policy" stuff is BS. Try again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast