Order/Billing with Instant Setup (not cron)

I've looked at several pieces of software, but haven't found one that does this yet.

Does anyone know of Order/Billing software that will provide INSTANT setup of a client's server (be it a built-in via module like cPanel or a custom module for another service), displaying the server info (generically, the output generated from the module) in the client's web browser right after they pay for the order?

The software also needs to be able to run the auto-setup via cron for those clients that don't pay at the exact time of ordering (maybe they are sending in a check or they used an eCheck from PayPal).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I think whmcs might work for your needs

www.whmcs.com

doesn't whmcs run on a corn to setup there accounts? I think he is looking for something that doesn't use a cron.
    www.ihostdev.com iHost v3 in beta Host Automation - iPanel v4 beta With Forced Ads in User Sites, illegal file scanner, and new post 4 hosting feature
    www.domainuptime.comSite monitoring

yeah i am using whmcs and it requires cron
    HostiaWeb.Com - High-End Shared and Reseller Webhosting Solutions
    █ No Contracts ¤ No Overselling ¤ No Downtime ¤ No Outsourced Support ¤ No Worries
    █ Cpanel/Fantastico/RVSkins | Secure & Tweaked High End Servers | Friendly 24/7 Support
    █ Perl, Zend, Ioncube, Ruby, Pear, Python, cUrl, GD2, Serverside includes, ImageMagick, Zend & More!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadix Web
    yeah i am using whmcs and it requires cron
    No, WHMCS does not use a cron to setup accounts. The cron is run once per day to generate invoices. Accounts are setup instantly either on order or when the client pays depending on the admins choice. Accounts are also unsuspended instantly once an invoice is paid if the account has been suspended for non-payment.

I just recently started using it and it's working great!
    Last edited by hplace; 01-05-2007 at 10:21 AM.

Ummm - would you have to have some sort of cron running to do anything automatically to this level as mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    Ummm - would you have to have some sort of cron running to do anything automatically to this level as mentioned?
    Nope, not at all. Like hplace has said, with WHMCS the cron doesn't do any account setups or unsuspensions. These are all performed either when a callback is received from a payment gateway or at the end of the order process.

Matt
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com

Many thanks for the replies thus far. I do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by whmcs
    Nope, not at all. Like hplace has said, with WHMCS the cron doesn't do any account setups or unsuspensions. These are all performed either when a callback is received from a payment gateway or at the end of the order process.

Matt
    You can turn automatic setups completely off, can't you? So that even if a client pays, it needs manual intervention in order to setup the account? If so, how is manual setup done - I'm assuming there's a 'button' the admin has to click on to setup the account in WHMCS?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Yep, there are three automatic setup options in WHMCS:

1. Instantly on Order
    2. After First Payment
    3. Only when the admin accepts the order

These can be chosen on a per product basis. With the third option, an admin has to login and manually accept each order. When you accept the order, you are asked if you want to automatically create the account on the server.

Matt
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com