Managed Exchange Hosting

Can anyone recommend Exchange hosting providers?

So far, I've found 1&1, MI8 and mail2web.

Any experience with the above or other suggestions?
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

You looking for a dedicated Exchange box or hosted? Public folders required? How many mailboxes?

Many don't offer the full package so take a good look to see what you get.

Dan

No, just hosted box with < 25 mailboxes. Public folders required. I think dedicated will cost too much; especially with the license fees.

Initially, for testing I will use my personal domain before deciding to shift.
    Signal > Noise

Hi fyrestrtr,

You may want to try the MS Exchange hosting service from CartikaHosting:

www.cartikahosting.com

They are a reputable provider you can trust.

Regards.
    DirectorioVPS List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

Quote Originally Posted by fyrestrtr
    I think dedicated will cost too much; especially with the license fees.

If you are interested in a dedicated exchange server, the cost is not as great as you may think. Using SPLA, your monthly cost would be the rental of the server and a fee per mailbox. The mailbox fee is similar to the price any hosted exchange provider would charge.

That said, with less than 25 users you may not need to go down that route as a hosted solution would probably suit you fine.

Any hosted provided should be able to offer what you need, including public folders. It all comes down to reliability and speed really.

I've had luck doing SBS 2003 installs for my exchange clients. Typically 5-25 users. SBS 2003 comes with 5 CLA's for everything (including exchange) and i typically set them up with the pop3 connector and SMTO forward to an SMTP/POP server we manage since they're just on DSL/Cable usually. There is the license overhead of sbs 2003 and some of the headaches of getting it patched up but once in use its actually cheaper. I manage them offiste via VPN/remote access for the most part.

SBS is a good solution for small business, however If you are offering this is a hosted solution, then I don't think you can use a retail licence that comes with 5 cals, you must use SPLA licences at a monthly fee.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_cogan
    SBS is a good solution for small business, however If you are offering this is a hosted solution, then I don't think you can use a retail licence that comes with 5 cals, you must use SPLA licences at a monthly fee.
    that is correct, you must use SPLA.

What is SPLA?

Apolo: Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out this week
    Signal > Noise

To know more about SPLA, take a look at this site.

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/licensing/
    tanfwc
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement

SPLA is MS's licencing for those offering hosted services. You pay for your licences on a monthly basis. If you offer hosted services using any other licence you are breaking the conditions of that licence.

exchangemymail.com
    mailstreet.com
    http://www.futurehosting.com
    Managed, Unmanaged VPS, Dedicated Servers, CDN
    Available locations: Australia, Amsterdam, Detroit, London, Santa Clara, Miami

SPLA is just another type of licensing scheme that allows you to have a smaller monthly cost instead of a large one-time purchase. It's very much 'Lease vs. Buy'

SPLA is MS's licencing for those offering hosted services. You pay for your licences on a monthly basis. If you offer hosted services using any other licence you are breaking the conditions of that licence.
    Please post a link to this as I, and my rep, think your statement is incorrect.

The example we used was a terminal server, where you can license the connections instead of the clients. Again, SPLA is just another form of licensing, not another type.

SPLA info can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...g/default.mspx

SPLA is the only licencing method allowed for hosted services, if you are using reatil licences to offer hosted services, you are breaking the licence agreement.
    As quoted here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...g/compare.mspx

There are two distinct types of licenses at Microsoft - internal use licenses and commercial services licenses. Licenses acquired through the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Full Packaged Products (FPP), Open, Select, and Enterprise Agreement (EA) programs are for the use by the contracting entity and its affiliates. Service Providers cannot acquire licenses through these programs in order to provide commercial or hosted services to their customers.

SPLA info can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...g/default.mspx

SPLA is the only licencing method allowed for hosted services, if you are using reatil licences to offer hosted services, you are breaking the licence agreement.
    As quoted here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...g/compare.mspx
    Good info. We are in the process of getting some clairifcation from MS on our usage - we have some customer software that uses ASP to process data from transactions. We were under the impression that we did not need additional licenses from MS.

Thanks for the links.