Reseller Account (for church website and 2 small perosnal sites)

Hello,

I have not been here for a while, been using "the big hosting providers", however it has become pretty expensive. I've been using hostway and for 2-6 sites it has been well over $100usd. I'm looking to cut down the price.

What I'm looking for is a small reseller account between 5-15usd a month. I have 1 church related websites that needs to be up at all times, and a couple of personal websites which do not create that much traffic.

My request is if anyone is selling reseller account that have a control panel aside from CPANEL. I know back in the day all the servers that I went with that had CPANEL seems to have gone down often. I just oredered an account from resellerzoom which has cpanel and therefore I'm looking for another account on another server with a different control panel.

On a side note, I dont plan to resell.

Review of what I need.
    1. 2-10 domain reseller account (sites are pretty small 1gig for all 6, traffic wise, I think its less then 1gig).
    2. Between $5-15USD / mo (paypal payment only)
    3. A NON cpanel software

Thanks and hopefully I'm posting in the right forum. If I'm not sorry about that, have not been here in a while.

Hi,

cPanel servers has gotten alot better during the days you were using it. In fact we have had experience with it for more than 4+ years without issues of crashes.

Most hosts these days use a number of panel hsphere, plesk, helm, cpanel, among others.

The ones that have an inhouse panel have less features which you may want since your only hosting a few sites. I believe powweb or poweb has an inhouse panel do a google lookup and you can find the name.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA | Dallas, TX | Ashburn, VA | London, UK | Amsterdam, NL | Johannesburg, ZA

I realize that most resellers do use cpanel. I really did not like cpanel, on any upgrade the administrator did something went wrong. Not sure how much that has changed or not, however it was an issue back then from my understanding. And I've jumped around from many admins back then. LOL

I really did like PLESK and HSphere, and they seem to have been stable. Basically looking for a reseller account with any other control panel software aside from the very common CPANEL

Thanks again.

I know www.schostpro.com has DirectAdmin plans, though don't recall price or payment options. I'm almost positive the basic reseller is around $15, so they might be worth a look.

Thats a refreshing change PrimaryTech
    The cpanel hosts have really become OVER saturated in my opinion.
    There are plenty of other choices that are very stable AND reliable.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

on Linux, DirectAdmin is much more stable than cPanel. You can check with idologic.com They offer DirectAdmin reseller accounts

Take a look at http://www.Kualo.com .

It may have some of what you are looking for.

I have used them for about four years now and their support and service is outstanding.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Take a look at VPS/Plesk option. It is a pretty good combination especially if it is using CentOS and Plesk 8.
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

i thought most cpanel issues were caused by those non qualified hosts. is it?

Quote Originally Posted by eric418
    I dont know about that statement. Like I said I don't know the current situation of Cpanel. However, about 3 years ago or so, whenever an update was out for Cpanel and admins would apply that update all the servers would go down. It did not matter who the admin was, they all encountered the same problem. Either Mysql database was down, or php was not working, or the httpd was down. There was always something wrong.

P.S. still looking for the backup reseller account that features Plesk, Ensim or Hsphere software.
    P.S.S. I'm currently using Cpanel as the main account, and so far Cpanel has not gone down. We shall see. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by eric418
    No, although it has gradually improved, it is still poorly written in comparison to the competition.