Need Help with New Hosting Service

We may need a new hosting company. Enterprise Digital has been down for 5 hours.

Does anyone know if they have gone out of business. They have been down before, but not this long.

Any info would be appreciated.

We are about to sign up with another hosting outfit, and would like to get some referrals.

Thanks.

They might be hosted at dedicated now which is having an outage. I would suggest sit and wait

EDIT: If you mean enterprisedigital.net then they are definitly at dedicated now

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

My personal recommendation would be give them another 24 hours or so, maybe even 48 hours. If they still haven't come up then switch over. In the meantime I would recommend you to read read read, look through the hosting offers, check reviews of any hosting companies that catch your eye.

Fuddy,

I'd say Rus is correct: DedicatedNow a large server provider in New Jersey is currently partly out with a power outtage.

While I wouldn't recommend jumping ship if you've been having good service -- I'd say it might be time to convince your host to look for another dedicated solution.

DedicatedNow has way too many frequent issues.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Yes, they are enterprisedigital.net.

If this is due to a power outage...then I can understand the situation. My only concern is that this could go for days.

Thanks for the response folks.

By the way, is there any way that I could get access to our web based email accounts such as Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuddy Duddy
    By the way, is there any way that I could get access to our web based email accounts such as Horde?
    Not if it's on the same server that's down, no.

unfortunately.. these things do happen! I heard story that a co-lo place has got a power outage and when the power coming back up, there was a spike on the line and blow out all 2000 servers on the Grid.. so even the power is back, there is no server and to make it worse, all customers want to go in and change their power supplies immediately I leave you to use your imagination...
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

Don't be so quick to jump ship just yet, but it might not be a bad idea to search around and see what other web hosting options are available to you. Do you have a way of getting in touch with your host to find out how long it will be? Why not call and ask. Of course, if they don't have contact information, then maybe it is time to jump ship and find a new host.
    InfTek Hosting
    Shared and Dedicated Kerio MailServer Solutions
    http://www.inftekhosting.com

may be the contact detail is on the machine that is currently down...
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com