Need Really cheap Dedicated server

I am currently running a modest site with 12,000 uniques a month and it keeps going up.

Now this is not really a lot of bandwidth but with my current hosting provider surpass( shared reseller ), I am seeing a lot of server lag.

I would like to step up to either a vps or a dedicated server.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me for something under 50 bucks a month?

I found one in France DediBox but it is only for French residents. Considering most of my members are in Europe I should probably get a server there.

Hi,

Would you need a control panel, management? etc?
    █ Tech-Hosts
    https://www.tech-hosts.co.uk
    █ UK Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS & Dedicated Servers

www.bestofdata.com would work for you. The server is $10 more than your budget but its the same as Dedibox but for everyone, not just the french.

also, control panels - such as cpanel, cost more, so if you need one of those increase your budget.

management - if you don't know how to manage a server, you will need management. (securing the server, installing things, etc)

I also know that HiVelocity offers a $49 server, its in their thread in the dedicated offers forum.

PSM are best for management, $29/m, and they're excellent
    █ Tech-Hosts

With a budget of $50.00 per month, I would recommend trying a VPS. If you can raise your budget a bit higher, you might be lucky enough to find a dedicated server for that price, assuming you can manage it yourself.. good luck.

Yeah I am used to the convenience of shared hosting and only messin with phpmyadmin at most.

But I have set up some local webservers for testing environments so I hope I am up to the task.

BestOfData looks really solid I can probably go over budget.

But to danserve is PSM a company a google search only brought up the term Proactive System Management ?

And to commit1, a vps would probally suffice but what is the best one out there?

PSM is http://www.platinumservermanagement.com/. If you are looking for a dedicated at this price point it will be unmanaged so all the support you will be able to get from the host is reboots and fixes for hardware issues
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by TheLamer
    I would like to step up to either a vps or a dedicated server.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me for something under 50 bucks a month?
    only recommendation I have is: do not use a VPS for your applications, in most cases performance is not enough (i.e. like a better shared account)

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

This forum really is unreal as far as dedicated members and good friendly advice.

I am gonna go with bestofdata and shift a few of my unimportant sites to it to see if I can handle it myself. If it looks like I need monitoring and install support I will try out the PSM service.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Damm cpanel is 35 a month. I guess it is time to break out the wallet and try to increase that ad revenue. It is becoming apparent to me that a dedicated server might turn out to be a longer term investment and cost me a little bit now but pay for itself in the end.
    Last edited by TheLamer; 01-05-2007 at 05:04 AM.

sorry if its too late

but see the advertising forum i just saw lots of servers 40-50USD there !

Good luck
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLamer
    But to danserve is PSM a company a google search only brought up the term Proactive System Management ?
    www.platinumservermanagement.com
    █ Tech-Hosts

You mention that your site was modest- 12,000 uniques per month- thats only 400 a day.
    What sort of bandwidth are you shifting per month?
    You may find that the lag you are experiencing is not down to you, but down to your host.

You may be able to fit your site on a decent shared host for $10/month.
    Do you really need a dedicated/VPS?
    Andrew Thomas

If you want your server is Europe, you will find it hard to find one that cheap
    Jon Black

Have you read this about bestofdata? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=bestofdata

And 60dollar for 100mbit/s unmetered sounds like overselling to me (100mbit dedicated costs atleast 1000 dollar/month)!

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy
    Have you read this about bestofdata? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=bestofdata

And 60dollar for 100mbit/s unmetered sounds like overselling to me (100mbit dedicated costs atleast 1000 dollar/month)!
    There are many satisfied customers of bestofdata, including me.. I've been with them since October with no trouble.

It isn't dedicated 100mbit, its shared 100mbit. I've pushed about 1TB in a 2week period (since i started using vnstat), I use about 10mbit 24/7. (sometimes its less)

I recommend them, good speeds to USA now that there is more bandwidth in the Dedibox network.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailseh
    that there is more bandwidth in the Dedibox network.
    And this is becuase everyone is cancelling anyway i recommend BOD too i got some servers with them you can push 10-15MB/s most of the times !

-Navid N
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!