How do you guys improve your webdesign skills?

How do you guys improve your web design skills? How do you guys learn the new techniques and make your web page greater? I'm just wondering how you guys get better. I would say I got better fast by going over tutorials and practice building sites.
    Albert Chen
    Designepic.com Bannerepic.com
    website & graphics design | Hosting
    aim/icq : achenxp | msn : [email protected]

Id have to agree with you there. Lots and lots of tutorials. I also try different styles as well. I try not to stick to one style so much. I'm still learning new things almost everyday and i've been designing for almost 3 years

For the technical skills, I read a lot about new techniques and try to practice them.

For the designing skills, I mostly look at non-internet related things, like famous structures, nature, non-digital art (art museums, art magazines etc.)
    Closed for winter...

reading a lot tutorials online really helps. take part on forum discussions.

as dumb as it sounds, practice makes perfect.

When you browse around the net, check the design of some sites, and look at what you would do different if you owned it....

I improve my skill set the exact same way. I just designed sites and eventually I started getting good at it.

Practice makes perfect but you need some talent and creativity to put your ideas and create something appealing. Don't forget that coding the site to valid W3C standards and preferably tableless approach are just as important!
    jh! design
    URL: www.jh-design.com
    EMAIL: info AT jh-design.com

Quote Originally Posted by jhdesign
    Practice makes perfect but you need some talent and creativity to put your ideas and create something appealing. Don't forget that coding the site to valid W3C standards and preferably tableless approach are just as important!
    I agree. One thing I like to do is actually find a good looking website and try to visiually reproduce it in a given amount of time. This pressure helps me to refine a lot of my techniques.

Also, reading and viewing tutorials is a surefire way to introduce fresh content into your resources and can help to keep you on top of web design standards.

even i do the same thing i also look for new site and then try to visualize the site or i view the source page for programming help
    http://Smilemaker.uk.to
    (More than 800 readymade scripts)
    http://Bestforum.uk.to/uk/forum