Best Uptime Tracker

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have a really good uptime tracker? What is the best in everyone's oppinion?

I just learned about these, and I would love to try one out. But, there are so many out there (seen by a google search), that I dont want to waste time installing and trying a bunch when many of you have already done so.

HyperSpin by far. Cheap, reliable, great support!

Any free ones that do well? Or do you have to pay for anything worth while?

Every free one that I've tried (site uptime, host tracker) has always given me false downtime reports at one time or another. Hyperspin is dirt cheap......like $1 a month I think, its worth the money....

Are you sure hosttracker has given you false downtime?

Free trackers only scan every ~30 minutes.
    That's not enough to provide a reliable uptime score.

Your site could be down for 27 minutes and this downtime could pass up undetected.
    That'd be fooling the customer, IMHO.

Spend a few dollars per month and get more frequent monitoring. Anything below 5 minutes would be good. 1 minute would be excellent.

To answer the question, I'm a fan of hyperspin, highly recommended.

Free trackers only scan every ~30 minutes.
    There are exceptions. Where's competition, the end user wins. Host-tracker allows up to 1 minut checks, but I settled for 5 mins. For personal usage, this free provider should be more than fine.

I tottaly agree. I use it and it's been wonderful. I've set it to 1minute intervals to make sure i get a real feel of what's the downtime lol

I use HostTracker one, seems pretty good to me.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

We use Status 2K and it works out pretty well, since its php and cron based even if the http server is down, you will still get notification of the down time. You can also set the scan intervals. I am not sure if it fits into what your looking for but it may be worth a glance. Good Luck!
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Thanks for all the replies, guys (and girls if there are any out there ). If anyone else has any recommendations, keep them coming (and maybe links to get them, if you would be so kind).

I have been using uppanel for awhile now and would recommend it. I can't really complain about the price either since it is only $4.95/month to monitor 50 services/ports at up and the ability to monitor the services/ports every 2 minutes. They do offer free accounts that allow you to monitor 5 services every 30 minutes.

http://www.uppanel.com
    ~ Nick

sweet. thanks. 5 services every 30 minutes (for free) sounds like a good place to get started and at least learn what features are available, and what I should be looking for if I ever need to upgrade to a more frequent/powerful service.

MrRadic and Corey Bryant: How long have you guys been using HyperSpin? I've always done my uptime monitoring myself, but if these guys can do it for dirt cheap, I might as well outsource it

Have you ever had their monitoring services fail to report downtime?
    Ever get false downtime reports?
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by schmeg007
    MrRadic and Corey Bryant: How long have you guys been using HyperSpin? I've always done my uptime monitoring myself, but if these guys can do it for dirt cheap, I might as well outsource it

Have you ever had their monitoring services fail to report downtime?
    Ever get false downtime reports?
    Been with HyperSpin since August of 2006 -- No Reported Downtimes

Host Tracker & Site-Uptime have reported false downtimes...Host Tracker reported 8 hours of straight downtime at one point.

Correction for Hyperspin: No falsely reported downtimes***

I use Alertra. They are very reliable and good, but quite expensive. I have not tried any others, but if I had to monitor a lot of sites I'd probably give them a spin.

Used both Alertra and Hyperspin, both pretty darn good monitors. If I had to choice I would say Hyperspin.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>