Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Enoms horrible support

I cant belive how horrible enoms support has become.

Weve had an open support ticket with them now for 3 business days, with no response at all.

Weve also left 3 voicemails with their support desk, none of the calls returned.

Also, what is the point in having a support phone number, if it tells you the wait quee in 45+ minutes, but transfers you to voicemail after 5 minutes. Clearly no one is getting answered.

Where would you guys suggest we move on to as a domain reseller?

I am sick of enoms poor response for stuff.

When did you open your support ticket at enom?
    Mine is 30th Dec. and no response yet.

Wow. My plan today is to look at other options.

according to this chart, you're not the only one, people are leaving enom
    http://www.webhosting.info/registrar...mains/ENOM.COM
    ■ Need an eNom retail/reseller account? PM me

They are working to improve their support times.. they've recently hired a few additional support staff, but it does take some time to train them, etc...

I have noticed an improvement in the last ticket I submitted yesterday -- response time was under 24 hours.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

eNom has one of the worst support service in the "big ones". But not only support, I`m waiting sales answers for 6 days!

Many customer from BR are leaving and I think I`ll jump to another company too.
    Jorge
    Jorge [-at-] jorge.com.es
    (My english is poor, sorry!)

I agree

I agree. I was having delays on my domain transfer to them and each time I called support's long distance number it said the hold times were 16 and 24 minutes. After a couple of hours it dropped down to 14minutes so i decided to hold. Guess what?
    After 5 minutes it dumps you into a voicemail.

I tried again and hold times went back up to 24 minutes. Didn't want to wait another 5 to only get dumped into voicemail again. Strange... if I'm paying for the long distance and decide to hold... why dump me into voicemail? You should offer to either hold OR goto voicemail.

This is after I submitted a helpticket only to have it sit unanswered in the queue for 4 days... still unanswered as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by liandra
    according to this chart, you're not the only one, people are leaving enom
    http://www.webhosting.info/registrar...mains/ENOM.COM
    That's probably all those BR customers jumping ship. Who can blame them. I don't think eNom handled the integration very gracefully or intelligently, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ult
    I agree. I was having delays on my domain transfer to them and each time I called support's long distance number it said the hold times were 16 and 24 minutes. After a couple of hours it dropped down to 14minutes so i decided to hold. Guess what?
    After 5 minutes it dumps you into a voicemail.

I tried again and hold times went back up to 24 minutes. Didn't want to wait another 5 to only get dumped into voicemail again. Strange... if I'm paying for the long distance and decide to hold... why dump me into voicemail? You should offer to either hold OR goto voicemail.

This is after I submitted a helpticket only to have it sit unanswered in the queue for 4 days... still unanswered as of today.
    It might come to late for you to know that one of the promised improvements is 24/7 phone support. However, they haven't yet announced when that will come into effect.
    Signature Under Construction.

Looks to me like they had a spike and it's coming back down to normal. that chart certainly isn't bad. they end higher than they started in November.

What do you guys mean by 'BR'?
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Quote Originally Posted by fastnoc
    What do you guys mean by 'BR'?
    BulkRegister.com

BR means BulkRegister.com. eNom bought BR last year and in the process of integrating them into the eNom control panel appears to have annoyed a whole lot of ex-BR customers. Well, at least if you read the posts of disgruntled ex-BR customers here on WHT.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy
    I have noticed an improvement in the last ticket I submitted yesterday -- response time was under 24 hours.
    Mrzippy
    Did you get response within 24 hours after ticket submisshon at support center ? Is it manual response / I mean not automated one ?

My ticket of 30th Dec 7:00am is still left untouched no response yet as of now.

Ahh, ok thanks. now I know what BR means. Keep seeing it and had no idea

As for support, I haven't noticed much of a change myself. But in the last 4 years I've only asked them for support a couple times.

Most recently I had to notify them about an IP change so i could use their API to register domains on my site. They responded later that day. wasn't over 24 hours but it was by no means immediate.

I didn't have a problem though. support is so rare at a place like that I just didn't pay much attention

if you have been...

driving a boxer and suddenly one day you get in the car and found that someone had taken out the leather seat and changed the engine to a small size PLUS taken two wheels off, then you can understand the frustration.. as you are not going anywhere!

For those of us that have over 500 domains to manage, it is a lot of hassle to get them transferred etc.. not to mention since the stopped the API, I have lost revenue from customers who would have buy names on impulse, now gone elsewhere.
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

they are not worth it

I`m waiting sales answers for 6 days!
    support I might wait that long! not sales!! if they don't want your money, go elsewhere!

We've had a lot of delays from enom as well, don't know what's wrong with their support nowadays
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Great, I just signed up there so I can sell domains through my whmap...

I have to say enom support has become terrible.

We used to get responses within just a few hours, and when we moved from a sub account to a direct ETP they were often helping us within minutes during the transition.

However our last few tickets have taken days and days to get a response.

Current ticket has been 3 days with no even an initial response, and its actually regarding a very important domain registration that their system failed to register but now thinks it has actually registered so I cant just submit again.

Come on enom - sort it out.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

matt - i would register it somewhere else if it is important.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Quote Originally Posted by kohashi
    matt - i would register it somewhere else if it is important.
    Yep I did try that but its showing as taken in other registrar's, but whois is broken for the domain so I cant check enom did register it for me.

Just got to wait for them to respond.

We're getting around 1 dodgy registration per week currently with enom where we need to open a ticket to get it correctly entered into our account and such.

Their system seems to be falling over every now and then for us
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

I'm certainly not going to consider jumping ship on a whim. but this stuff concerns me greatly going forward. I've got well over 500 domains at eNom but I've never had trouble.

THis is beginning to concern me now. there's enough people complaining that it's clearly a legit problem.

ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Matt
    Yep I did try that but its showing as taken in other registrar's, but whois is broken for the domain so I cant check enom did register it for me.
    http://www.dnsstuff.com/

so that is best..

THis is beginning to concern me now
    that we share knowledge and find the best way forward.. we all have our different needs but for some reason we all choose BR and find that after taken over, the service of Enom is a lot less than what we expected..

there are 2 very strong name being sited: SRS+ and stargate as a good replacement for BR.. so lets keep the thread open and see when things are settle in a few months.. how many of us gone where...

It is important that more people talk about the difficulties.. since BR is not playing ball even with HSP. HSP support both API and when BR API first broke, HSP got support calls in from us saying.. its not working, they gone to BR in early December.. and they not got an answer from them NOR was told that the API will not be fixed. I have just put in another ticket to let them know the case.. so may be we will have a few more people here soon.

For those of us that uses HSP, we only have the choice of SRS+ since the API already exist in the system and StarGate is not.. so again, we are being pushed in 1 direction only.
    Last edited by thejustbiz; 01-06-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastnoc

Nice link, Thanks.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Quote Originally Posted by thejustbiz
    ..For those of us that uses HSP, ...
    What is HSP? Do you have a link?

I am not educated on this and would like to know..
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast