How much should i pay him ?

Hello ,

First of all sorry if this is in a wrong section mods please move it if it is thank you!

Ok i have hired somebody to help my vps clients his work is to install control panels for them answer questions and stuff like that ,

How much should i pay him for this job hourly ??

Thanks,
    Navid N
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!

If I were looking into being hired for such a position the hourly pay would depend on the hours I would be expected to work. If I only worked 8-10 hours on a weekly average I would charge my standard rate of 45/hr. If I could expect 20+ hours a week I would be willing to work for quite a bit less. But you will have to take into consideration, if hes on call all the time, working or not, he cant be at another job making money. So assuming your talking about a 40hour a week job, I would expect to clear no less than 500 a week. That price is also dependant on location and cost of living.

The reasons above are probbably why alot of smaller operations outsource support, It can be quite a bit cheaper. If you dont have the work to keep a guy busy for alot of hours per week, its ussually not worth it for that person to do that job, unless hes doing several small jobs of a similar nature.

All of that is in the case that you'd want him to be there responding to tickets as they were submitted. If you had a 12-24 hour allowance per ticket, you could get some one alot cheaper, maybe 10$ an hour or something, given that he could work another job, come home and answer the questions.
    Last edited by Mize; 01-04-2007 at 01:34 AM.

The price varies depends on the Geographical location where your tech is living. Also, the price varies for professional/novice/newbiee administrators.

Set your own rates according to your circumstance.

Hello ,

Thank you all for your replys now i know a price range ,

Thanks
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!