PayPal Account Review = Clueless?

So, my PayPal account was limited back in March because I was under 18. Sure, that's fine, it's clearly outlined in their TOS. So, I turned 18 on December 29, 2006, and faxed them the required documentation.

I just got this email:
    "While reviewing your PayPal account, we have discovered that you do not meet the minimum age requirement of age 18. As a result, full access to this account has been denied. This decision may not be appealed."

Did I read this right? My driver's license said I turned 18 last Friday, but they say I don't meet the minimum age requirement...

On the phone with them now to see how they calculate age heh
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Well, I called PayPal and talked to someone there. He basically told me there was nothing anyone could do for me. So, I requested to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor thought the same thing I did -- why would they say I'm not 18 when I am? So, he called somebody in Account Review and got me all set back up.

Welcome back to PayPal for me
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

This may have been because you were previously not 18, and they thought the same thing.

Not sure why they would close it though.

Glad they fixed it for you.

afaik PayPal's minimum age is, and has been for a while 16.

The supervisor thought the same thing I did -- why would they say I'm not 18 when I am?
    Because you weren't. You lied to them , and then you expect them to turn around and just accept you back? Naaah, that's not how things work.

Paypal is a very high risk business. They're (wisely) not going to accept business from an individual who's previously lied to them in the past. That's just risky, and not smart business practice at all.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
    afaik PayPal's minimum age is, and has been for a while 16.
    From their user agreement, which clearly states 18
    This Agreement was last modified on October 12, 2006.

1. Eligibility. In order to use the Service, you must register for a Personal, Premier, or Business account. Users may only hold one Personal account and either one Premier or one Business account. Our Services are only available to individuals or businesses that can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our Service is not available to minors (under 18), persons who are suspended from our Service, or to persons who present an unacceptable level of credit risk.
    While I'm glad the issue got resolved for you, the point is that you shouldn't have been re-activated. Not because of paypal, but because of yourself. You present a risk to that which paypal has to answer to it's customers for.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I would never do business again with anyone that lied to me... it is amazing how people this day and age thing there is nothing wrong with lying and everyone should just trust them after been caught at lying.

Seems your right, linux tech. Makes sense, as a 16 year old wouldn't have the proper requirements to confirm a PayPal account. For whatever reason, I had that in my head.