Wedding Gift Registry help. host, cart and payment options?

Hi all. I’m looking to set up a gift registry for my wedding. My requirements are pretty simple. I’m looking for a way for guest to contribute to a honeymoon fund by ‘selling’ virtual items. For example I would like to sell an item called ‘lunch on our honeymoon’ for $25. The guest could visit our store; add the virtual item to their cart and checkout with the end result being $25 transferred to us.

I figure at most we would have 100 visitors to the store. So I am looking for a low cost host, open source shopping cart software and the cheapest payment processing available.

My plan at this point is to find a host that will let me run oscommerce and sign up for a google checkout merchant account.

I have two questions. 1. Does this sound like a reasonable approach and 2. can someone recommend a low cost host that will support this approach.

Thank you -- Tom

United Kingdom
    could you tell me you budget for host & shop, please?

I think you can easy find the osCommerce similar contribution for you needs.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==