A GNU question ?

I coded some PHP script and I used some Free PHP Classes which are released under GNU. My code has been encrypted with Zend but those Free PHP Classes haven't. So can I sell my script to users ? Please give me some suggestions .

As far as I know, if you are using GNU licensed files in your commercial product, you can sell them but the usage of those free scripts can't modify the pricing value of the final product.

So if you're using, for example, a free mysql class - your product has to cost exactly the same with or without that class.

Note: I'm not so sure about that and I've no time to check GNUs page so wait for other people to say what they have to say
    Dyslexics Have More Fnu

Which gnu licence are they licenced under?

There are serveral http://www.gnu.org/licenses/

If the classes used are standard gnu licence you will have to follow the gpl licensing rules.

GPL does not prevent you charging money for your program. You can charge as much as you like. However you must distribute all source and licence your program under GPL. Something to note is that if someone obtains a copy of the program under the gpl they are free to distribute it for free.

This means you must provide an unencrypted copy of the source with your program.

From the website:
    If a library is released under the GPL (not the LGPL), does that mean that any program which uses it has to be under the GPL?

Yes, because the program as it is actually run includes the library.
    As you are developing what i would call a traditional closed source program, you must not include or use any gpl libraries. You will have to write you own. Or purchase some under a licence that allows you to distribute your work in the way you want.
    Last edited by doc_flabby; 01-04-2007 at 08:37 AM.

-----------------