Your-Site nightmare

I want to scream.

I run a site for my uncle. It's hosted on Your-Site ( http://www.your-site.com/ ). It's a low-activity site; he only updates it once or twice a year. Or rather, he has me update it for him, since he's not technologically adept.

A week ago he asked me to post a New Year's greeting on his site. I fired up my ftp program, and got:

>530 Login authentication failed

Now, the password hasn't been changed. And just to check, I tried again, typing it in manually. Still no luck.

Just for the hell of it, I tried FTPing to ftp.hissite.com instead of www. hissite.com. Still no luck.

So I opened a ticket with Your-Site. Their response came quickly: Due to a problem upstream which was totally not their fault, there had been massive email problems. But the issue was being addressed. "If your support ticket did not pertain to email issues, please resubmit your ticket and it will be handled accordingly."

My ticket was closed.

I wrote back in the indicated account area, stating that my problem had nothing to do with email. I also opened a new ticket. What did I get?

Two more copies of the same stock answer, and my new ticket was closed.

So I tried calling them. Would you like to guess what I got? Unending busy signals.

What would you do in a situation like this?

change host
    Got Fused?

Sounds as if they're currently concentrating on the email problem...
    I've yet to find a "host" that isn't condecending and don't close tickets prematurely.
    We all know it's never their fault...
    I'd wait 10 days...
    With more success comes more expense!

Well after attempts of trying to contact them through support ticket and getting a standard response along with the closing of ticket (before it is even reviewed, let alone assigned) and no answers by phone, that is a bad situation. I would say once you get access to move your data I suggest you start looking for another host? Unless ofcourse they end up resolving your issue and crediting your account or something to improve the situation of the closed tickets and delayed response times.

Quote Originally Posted by zoobie
    Sounds as if they're currently concentrating on the email problem...
    I've yet to find a "host" that isn't condecending and don't close tickets prematurely.
    We all know it's never their fault...
    I'd wait 10 days...
    Regardless if they are concentrating on one issue that are still other issues that need to be addressed that are IMHO the same level of importance.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

This is pretty irresponsible of them. If they have other issues to resolve, that doesn't mean other problems should be ignored. It looks like it's time for you to move on. If you have a back up of your data then great but if not, I suggest getting a backup asap when you get your access back.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services