42 - Photoshop Tutorial Website - $160/month revenue

Sitepoint auction page:

Starting price: $300

TutorialMad is an established website for Adobe Photoshop tutorials (can easily be changed to allow tutorials for other programs too). The website is powered by WordPress, however the script has been heavily modified to perform as a tutorial site. The administration is easy and you should find no problems with adding/editing tutorials.

To keep this site running and earning income, all you really need to do is add a few good tutorials a month and submit them to as many tutorial directory sites as possible (I will give the winner a list of good directory sites which you can submit the tutorials to).

The reason I am selling this site is primarily to be able to concentrate on other/newer projects.

Site History
    The website started off at about March 2006 as a simple portfolio site with tutorials being uploaded now and then. The initial domain was

At the start of December 2006, the name of the site changed to ‘TutorialMad’ along with a new domain:, as I decided to develop it as a tutorial site only. All traffic from was then redirected to the new domain.

What’s included
    - Both domains ( and will be pushed to your NameCheap account for free.
    - The custom made TutorialMad logo will be included in vector format (.ai)
    - You will have full rights to all the tutorials on the site which are posted by the author ‘TutorialMad’ (about 12 tutorials in total). These tutorials are unique and won’t be posted on any other site. (Note: I cannot give ownership to all the other tutorials as they have been uploaded by friends).
    - All the files required for the site will be sent to you by email as a .zip or I will upload the .zip for an HTTP download.
    - First month can be hosted for free (on my server which includes cPanel)

Feel free to contact me in the following ways:

- Send me an email: [email protected]
    - PM me on Sitepoint
    - Comment in this auction

Revenue Details:

I began implementing Google Adsense into the site from the start of December 2006. The result was a total earning of $166.59 in the month December only. I have not attempted using any other method of advertising yet.

Traffic Details:
    TutorialMad receives approximately 800,000 hits per month, and 20,000 unique hits per month. Much of the traffic is from tutorial index sites such as,, and many more. The partner links also bring in some traffic, for example, from

Site SOLD at sitepoint. thanks.