http://www.a2b2.com Stay away from them

I been with them for about two months, the price with them is rights. The support is fairly fast answering tickets, what is the problem you might ask?

Well they will basically have you trouble shoot the problem for them by asking redundant questions for ever. Then they will close tickets prior to resolving issues some times.

Yesterday,I had them import the site follow look at what I had to go trough to get it going.

First ticket

USER POSTED
    Posted On: 02 Jan 2007 09:55 PM
    I uploaded a full back up " " to the root directory of the following account;

+===================================+
    | New Account Info |
    | Domain: newcardnews.net
    | Ip: newsite
    | HasCgi: y
    | UserName:
    | PassWord:
    | CpanelMod: x
    | HomeRoot: /home
    | Quota: 5000 Meg
    | NameServer1:
    | NameServer2:
    | NameServer3:
    | NameServer4:
    | Contact Email:

Can you re-store this backup for me on the account that is uploaded.

Thanks

Zach
    Posted On: 02 Jan 2007 10:18 PM
    What is the IP and root password of your server?

USER POSTED
    Posted On: 02 Jan 2007 10:37 PM
    The ip was as posted above;

Domain:main site

| Ip:
    | UserName:
    | PassWord:

The account that needs restored was posted in the previous messqage

| Domain:new site
    | Ip:
    | HasCgi: y
    | UserName:
    | PassWord:

Zach
    Posted On: 02 Jan 2007 10:45 PM
    You have created it with a different username on UKNS3. The usernames will need to match in order for the backup to be restored.

USER POSTED
    Posted On: 02 Jan 2007 10:53 PM
    The password was correct but user name was wrong. I changed the user name to the old user name and password.

User name:

Password:

Zach
    Posted On: 02 Jan 2007 11:08 PM
    This has been restored.

Closing this out as it should be resolved.
    Ticket 2

USER
    Posted On: 02 Jan 2007 11:15 PM
    I see the re-stored backup on the server but it is no longer listed as one of my accounts.

Could you add the xxx account to the reseller account

Ip: reselleraccount

| UserName:
    | PassWord:

Thanks for the prompt reply to the tickets.

Zach
    Posted On: 02 Jan 2007 11:18 PM
    Hi,

The ownership of the account has been reset.
    Ticket 3

redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 01:50 AM
    Hi,

I cheked the dns and it has already propagated for the acccount you guys re-stored for me. The A records look fine and if I ping the domain it resolves back to your server. However for some reason when I log into WHM and I click on the domain I get a 404 error not found. I think that there is something on the server pointing the domain to the account that it was imported into as opposed to pointing to my account "the one you transfered the domain to.

Ip: 84.18.200.132 (n)

| UserName:
    | PassWord:

The account is question is ncn

Zach
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:39 AM
    You are seeing a 404 error when loading the website itself, but everything else looks to work correctly?
    Redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 03:09 AM
    If I log in to the WHM and select list accounts if I click on the ip listed for the account ncn I get a 404 as the ip leads to

http://84.18.200.132/forums/cmps_index.php

That ip should point to;

http://84.18.200.132/~ncn/forums/cmps_index.php

So that tells me that when you assigned the account to me after the re-store something is still on the server pointing the account to the wrong direction. Hence why I am getting a 404.

Zach
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 04:07 AM
    I would say this is most likely a glitch in cPanel. For now just enter the ~ncn as needed and this will likely be fixed in the coming weeks when new versions of cPanel come out.
    Ticket #4

Redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 06:16 AM
    My tickets are being closed prior to resolution. I told you how to fix the previous problem but you did not bother looking into it and closed the ticket. www.necardnews.net is not working. Your server points to the wrong directory when it looks for the ncn account as a result I am getting a error 404 not found. What do I have to do to get you to look at the server and check the account ?

After you moved the ncn to my account it does not fircking resolve. It is getting very frustrating that I have to do the leg work to get issues resolved.

My site is down not fricking working, you expect me to wait a week to have the site on???? What is wrong with this picture?
    Redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 06:54 AM
    This is what i posted earlier;

Hi,

I cheked the dns and it has already propagated for the acccount you guys re-stored for me. The A records look fine and if I ping the domain it resolves back to your server. However for some reason when I log into WHM and I click on the domain I get a 404 error not found. I think that there is something on the server pointing the domain to the account that it was imported into as opposed to pointing to my account "the one you transfered the domain to.

Ip: ip

| UserName:
    | PassWord:

The account is question is ncn
    Rus Foster
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 07:08 AM
    I can view the site however ignoring any techinical issues we are not going to host this site. After reviewing it I believe it is providing information on working around satellite TV cards. As such under out TOS

http://www.a2b2.com/index.php?showtopic=4

- distribute, or make available in any way to any party intellectual property that requires some method of authorization to sell or distribute, which you do not have.

As such this site has as such been removed from the server
    --
    Rus Foster
    Redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:25 PM
    if you read the site there is no satellite piracy or hacking. Do not be so hasty, the site itself deals about discussing the industry iself. There is not talk what so ever to discuss hacking.
    Redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:27 PM
    I will be posting about this on other on webhosting talk there is nothing illegal on the site, it has never been discussions about piracy. Do you guys do some leg work befor pulling trigger?
    Rus Foster
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:32 PM
    I asked 2 other people if they felt we had grounds to terminate and
    both agreed and as such I am quite happy to stand by our decision in
    that the forum promoted piracy and hence we elected to remove it

Redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:42 PM
    This is bull crap, how can you pull a plug without reading the site? I guarantee that you did not read it because there is no fricking discussions about piracy. Just because it is called new card news did not mean that there was any piracy discussed what so ever.

How in the hell you run a company like this, I am looking like **** in front of not only a company but a friend. All because nobody doers their job completelly.....
    Redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:46 PM
    Once again the forum will be posted as it will be moved somnewhere else, I will pay you 1k if you find any current discussions of piracy. It discussed the industry and the players but there where no discussions about piracy or tought anyone how to hack a satellite systgem.

Everyone will see on WHT the site and I will leave it to them to see if they agree with you that hacking satellites was discussed there. You made a mistake, there where no discussions what so ever on hacking sites. You should have read the forum a little instead of allowing yourself to be mislead by the banner.
    Rus Foster
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:48 PM
    Ignoring anything else we do not take that sort of language from any customer at any time.
    --
    Rus Foster
    Redemption
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:51 PM
    so now the problem is the language? I do not have to kiss the people that provide me a service. I paid for a service and I expect you to provide that service.

It is not my job as a consumer to be your buddy, you made a mistake and now instead of taking responsibility for it, you are nick picking at me. I have not said anything vulgar. Do the right thing and admit the mistake and correct the problem, that is what a reputable company "that I knew yours to be" would do.
    Rus Foster
    Posted On: 03 Jan 2007 02:57 PM
    You have forum titles such as

Known Or Suspected Industry Informants WHO ARE THE RATS IN THE COMMUNITY ? SUSPECT ANY SITES CO-OPERATING WITH COMPANIES ? STATE YOU REASONS AND LETS GET THIS OUT HERE IN THIS FORUM !

This to me says that you are at least condoning piracy as the use of "Bull ****" to me is vulgar
    --
    Rus Foster

So Instead of taking responsibility they chose to nickpick at a site, never mind that they do not satellite piracy nor they discuss how to hack receivers or any of that crap. Since the site talks about satellite industry and scamers then it is being censored? WTF is going on, I tought them to be a reputable company and among the best around. This is so sad, if you are hosted with them, be wary as they can pull the plug on you at a moments notice, no warning what so ever. Worst yet, they know they made a mistake and by the last post you can see they are triying to justify their mistake. I did not join their site, knowing that they would censor sites at their discretion. I do not need and will not kiss their behinds to provide the service I paid for plain and simple.

Thank God for sites like this one, that allows consumers a venue to vent and warn other users about problems with individual web hosts.
      0 Not allowed!

Since the site has a banner that some times rotates to women with no top on, I will not post the link where the site has been uploaded. If you want to judge for yourself if the sites offers satellite hacking as they described it send me a pm and I will send you the link.

Thanks all.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by redempti@n
    This is so sad, if you are hosted with them, be wary as they can pull the plug on you at a moments notice, no warning what so ever.
    Not to stir up anything, but any host you go to you're going to deal with this. If your site does not look to THEM like it's complying with their TOS or AUP, it will be terminated. Almost every single host can terminate any site at any time for any reason. That's how this industry works.

Quote Originally Posted by redempti@n
    I did not join their site, knowing that they would censor sites at their discretion. I do not need and will not kiss their behinds to provide the service I paid for plain and simple.
    Every business censors sites at their discretion. That's why it's a business. One site can jeopardize the entire server. They're doing what they believe to be in the best interest of their business..

I've known Rus for a while now.. I'll wait for the link via PM before making any more comments, but what I said above is what I believe to be reality.

PM sent for the link if you wouldn't mind.
    Last edited by Bofu2U; 01-03-2007 at 11:32 AM.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing
      0 Not allowed!

What is their main web site?

Is this their support site or they are seling their packages from a forum

http://www.a2b2.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nafadya
    What is their main web site?

Is this their support site or they are seling their packages from a forum

http://www.a2b2.com/
    That is their site last time I checked, it's a unique (and I give them credit..) business approach. Keeps the costs low (as people can help other people, etc.)
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing
      0 Not allowed!

Firstly I would like to say that a2b2 is my company and I decide what sort of customers we want and sites we host. Customer who will quite happily swear and post content that is borderline are not the sort we want. I am personally the sole arbitor of what I allow to be on our servers. If something I think could cause us potential legal issues then I will take action. Our TOS state's

"- distribute, or make available in any way to any party intellectual property that requires some method of authorization to sell or distribute, which you do not have."

and looking over some of the content I stand by my choice. I asked 2 other people what they though, one a staff member, one another business owner and they both said they would terminate. Adding on to the top of this I take offence at the works "fricking" and "bull ****" which in my opinion have no place in professional communications such as that I would expect on tickets.

Again from the TOS

"- Abuse towards the Supplier's staff in the form of verbal abuse or anything else that we deem to be offensive may result in cancellation of your account"

Like someone else has said we have the right to terminate your account for any reason at any time should we so deem. Now I only terminate the subaccount under your reseller and not the main account.

I feel that should you have a forum that is titled

" Known Or Suspected Industry Informants WHO ARE THE RATS IN THE COMMUNITY ? SUSPECT ANY SITES CO-OPERATING WITH COMPANIES ? STATE YOU REASONS AND LETS GET THIS OUT HERE IN THIS FORUM !"

implying that anyone who is working for a company and wants to try to stop the hacking of cards isn't welcome to me condones piracy. As such I'm going to stick by my decision to terminate this account
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RefreshNet
    Not to stir up anything, but any host you go to you're going to deal with this. If your site does not look to THEM like it's complying with their TOS or AUP, it will be terminated. Almost every single host can terminate any site at any time for any reason. That's how this industry works.

Every business censors sites at their discretion. That's why it's a business. One site can jeopardize the entire server. They're doing what they believe to be in the best interest of their business..

I've known Rus for a while now.. I'll wait for the link via PM before making any more comments, but what I said above is what I believe to be reality.

PM sent for the link if you wouldn't mind.

You have some points here, however I think they just did not like the way I demanded for service and maybe borderline made them look like incompetent. If I had a server and I came across a questionable site, in this case first he says that we discuss satellite hacking "NO WE DO NOT" so then he turned on the site to read "FIRST THING HE SHOULD HAVE DONE" prior to turning the site off and simply states that since we discuss the industry, hackers and scammers on the industry that wee condone satellite piracy?

My opinion is that if they where a responsible outfit and they had some concerns then they could have discussed it with me. There was no impending need of a lawsuit or anything of the sort that required them to pull the plug. How about simply saying, since this is a site we do not feel comfortable on a community server, the only way we can host you is if you purchase a standalone server to host it. That would be a reputable web host accommodating a customer.

Instead they pull the site because it allegedly discussed satellite piracy, after I told them that there is no such discussion then they tell me that they do not like my tone and after that they finally review the site and says that since we talk about the satellite industry that we are condoning it. No matter what points aree raised they just wanted to be right and kept looking for excuses.

Sure it is their discretion to do this, it is also all of our discretions to give them money for services and they are expected to render them. If they cannot doit then we can raise a little hell about it and ultimatelly take our money somewhere else.
      0 Not allowed!

Keep up the good work Rus.

redempti@n

Be sure to learn how to manage your own servers. It'll help you avoid these types of issues in the future if you're not asking for support on a server laden with materials that are considered against the terms of service. :p

Sure it is their discretion to do this, it is also all of our discretions to give them money for services and they are expected to render them. If they cannot doit then we can raise a little hell about it and ultimatelly take our money somewhere else.
    And as a consumer that's your decision to make. Best of luck with it!
    Rus runs a decent operation -- I'm sure he won't be missing you.

Note: Excellent response times on each of those tickets.
    Last edited by David; 01-03-2007 at 11:51 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Keep up the good work Rus.

redempti@n

Be sure to learn how to manage your own servers. It'll help you avoid these types of issues in the future if you're not asking for support on a server laden with materials that are considered against the terms of service. :p
    As rus stated, it is his call. There was no material on that site against the TOS, ultimately came down to the wire and he made that decision.

And as a consumer that's your decision to make. Best of luck with it!
    Rus runs a decent operation -- I'm sure he won't be missing you.
    That is open to debate, I prepaid for a year. Have not had any problems with them, however the one time that I have a real problem "moving a site over and canceling the prior host" and I raise hell about it, that makes me a bad customer? Let a ISP pull a plug on your servers and leave customers stranded and then tell me what you would do? Sit down and pat the isp on the back?

I did allot of reading prior to going with RUs and was pleased with what I read, I think the decision to pull my site was biased and since it is his decision is water under the bridge. I did not post here to change his mind, I posted here to get a consensus on the fairness of his actions and warn others so they are not victims of the same. I have a problem to deal with now, as a customer/close friend is off line. Heck he could have left the site on and told me to close the forum until I relocated, that would have even been someone that had good business ethics.

Unfortunately, you have not seen the site yourself but you are sure going crazy padding Rus on the back and pointing me to be a bad apple. That is called being biased, at the very least give the little guys the benefit of the doubt. Good people are always good until they become bad.

Note: Excellent response times on each of those tickets.

If you look at the first post, I did not once complaint about the speed of the responses, I did question the quality of the responses in some instances.
      0 Not allowed!

At no point have I said you account is cancelled. Your main domain is still online as thats totally withing the TOS. The sub-account is offline and I've got no problems with my choice. This is a two way two way street. Did I over-react, possibly, but I'm standing by my choice. The second there I become aware of anything that could put my company at risk I will react.

Under UK law the if a company becomes aware of something they can become accountable so to protect us and the rest of the customers I will take the account offline without a second though. Do I loose a customer, possibly but my business ethics say its better to loose one customer than have someone legal breathing down my neck.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2
    At no point have I said you account is cancelled. Your main domain is still online as thats totally withing the TOS. The sub-account is offline and I've got no problems with my choice. This is a two way two way street. Did I over-react, possibly, but I'm standing by my choice. The second there I become aware of anything that could put my company at risk I will react.

Under UK law the if a company becomes aware of something they can become accountable so to protect us and the rest of the customers I will take the account offline without a second though. Do I loose a customer, possibly but my business ethics say its better to loose one customer than have someone legal breathing down my neck.

I do not expect you nor do I want you to change your decision. That time passed the moment I posted here, I am hoping that after allowing me time to find a suitable host that your company will do the right thing and cancel my account upon my request and refund the unused monies. Of course I am sure that the TOS will allow you to keep the money so I will leave that to you and your business ethics.

This is what should have happened;

I moved a site that complies with your tos as there are no satellite hacking discussions, is nothing more than a discussion board, discussing people and the satellite industry in general. I thought freedom of expression was out there for a reason, but you are still within your rights to censor and I understand that. There are no intellectual property violations as there is no hacking discussions.

However you nuked the site, without even reading it. Had you read it and still felt that the site was guilty by association, then you could have contacted me. You could have told me that you did not feel comfortable with the site, we live in litigious societies and I would have understood if you where concerned. If the guy that I was moving this site for was not a friend, he could probably turn around and sue my behind for this mess in which case I would have to drag your company anyway.

Now that aside, since you now know that there is no satellite hacking discussion instead of pulling the plug like you did. You could have told me "listen, the site is not a hacking site but I do not feel comfortable hosting it" you need to relocate the site. As a courtesy I will leave it on while you re-locate for two or three days but the forum must remain closed.

I would probably still be upset about the whole thing but would understood that as with everything in life there are liabilities and you are looking after the best interest of everyone. This would have also allowed me to save face with my customer.

Instead this is what I got.

Your staff member upload the site for me, there are problems and I am pointing them out to you. Staff member could not fix problems and blamed something else. Once again I pointed out the problem and requested it be addressed. You wake up go to the server, see the problem and fix the problem. Maybe after doing so you did not like my tone and said hey lets nuke the site "it is a satellite hacking site" Obviously you had not read anything on the site and you based this assumption on the appearance.

I point this out to you and then you accuse me of using vulgar language and you do not have to accept that. Mean while I am thinking "I paid for a service that I am not receiving, I do not have to accept that". Once again I point out that there is no hacking on the site. You decide to look at it and realize the same, now instead of compromising somehow you simply say that the site is guilty by association and decision stands.

There was a better way to handle this, I should not have to post on this site to get a fair judgment and fair treatment. The service you provide is top notch and I have no complaints with the time you respond tickets, I think the only other place that I know off that offers such fast responses is Jaguarpc. But if I did not know computers and servers I think the staff would have a hard time fixing problems and at times the answers they gave to queries where pure baloney.

I am still not saying that your running a crap company, just wanted others to see what happened to me and hopefully this experience will help you deal with similar situations in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

I've don't belive there is anything else to add to this publically at this point. You are more than welcome to raise a ticket.
      0 Not allowed!

In my opinion your post doesn't really deserve a response, you have just proved to the community here your immaturity, and lack of ability to carry out business in a professional manner.

I have known Rus for a long time, and he works very hard to keep his customers happy. Had I seen the same I would have made the same decision and terminated the account immediately. If you are hosting something that could possibly break the TOS, you need to contact your host to double check that it's ok, this way you will avoid being in the same situation.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    In my opinion your post doesn't really deserve a response, you have just proved to the community here your immaturity, and lack of ability to carry out business in a professional manner.

I have known Rus for a long time, and he works very hard to keep his customers happy. Had I seen the same I would have made the same decision and terminated the account immediately. If you are hosting something that could possibly break the TOS, you need to contact your host to double check that it's ok, this way you will avoid being in the same situation.

Dan

Now I am immature because I asked for service? I guess I should not expect any less for a fellow web host. He did not work very hard on this case and he even admitted to mishandling the situation. However you are entitled to your opinion and I will respect it "that is not something an immature person would say!!!"
      0 Not allowed!

The host has responded to the issue - nothing further can be said at his point.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!