New Member that needs advice too !!...

Hi all, got wind of this website off the vbulletin boards so i'd thought i'd introduce.

24 from Uk, into online gaming and football.

thats that then ..

on to business - I am in need of a decent web hosting package (preferably UK) that I can base my vbulletin-powered forum around.

I started with a 'business' package with 1and1 hosting but have cancelled that after further investigation (notably on their pitiful db space allocations).

I am going to set up a site that has a vbulletin forum at it's core and it will be about online gaming (CS, Swat 4, Battlefield etc etc..) so initial user base will be slow but I am hoping to pick it up to about 100-150 regular users within the near future.

Can anyone advise of a package or company that actually supports forums etc etc rather than cutting them off at the bud?

It would be great to hear from anyone that runs their own clan too so i can glean some advice off you. I don't want any trade secrets just a sensible discussion on what i could potentially be letting myself in for..

Tasmania, Australia
    Moved to Web Hosting Forum. Just a note that I removed some posts as members can't request you to PM them about their services or associated services.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

hi, sorry - didn't know that wasn't allowed.

I think i may have had a post deleted because it was in the wrong place - will that subtract more posts than I have made? I am pretty sure I have made about 6 now lol..

Indeed, with that requirements almost any host does fit your needs.

I suggest you to narrow your search for a shortlist of 5-6 hosts and start researching about them here and in google (avoid those fake top lists where you'll see almost the same hosts on it), those are affiliate lists based on referral commissions.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Milton Keynes, UK
    Welcome to WHT

As Jedito said, most hosts meet your requirements.

Have a look in the offers section, there are quite a few offers on at the moment.

You may also want to take a look at thats a UK hosting forum.

Once you have a short list of hosts, research them.
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

East Coast // NYC
    The real question comes down to, are you looking to just start off with any host? Or do you want to start with a host that will allow you to grow your forum to 100+ users?