Thread: I got a date

Thumbs up I got a date

I have a date possibly in late January ( 25) and for sure on Feburary 14 with a friend whom a couple of months ago told her how I felt, but rejected me, but finally agreed to go on a date so i'm wondering what should I do for the first date? I haven't dated much, so I lack experience on what to do on dates... however I have a nice evening planned for Feburary 14 at the Hyena Comedy Club in Fort Worth.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

internet her.
      0 Not allowed!

She doesn't have a computer, we've talked about buying one before.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

That's a pretty good choice for a first date. A few (obvious) points, be a gentleman. Move her chair and offer her a seat, if she has a jacket or anything, hang it over the back of the chair. Complements are a great way to let her know how she looks, just don't overly do it. Don't be nervous, trust me. I was nervous on my first date and never really kept eye contact. Talk to her and find out more interests, maybe you share alot of the same ones?

Not sure if that's the advice you're look for or not. If it is, I can post more.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Jones
    She doesn't have a computer, we've talked about buying one before.
    By choice or simply no time...

It's been along time since i went on a date with someone whom i'd never dated before (confused myself) but i can remember when i took my wife on our first date. I think i screwed up everything that i could of possibly screwed up but she gave me a second chance.

My advice would be cross your fingers and hope for the best. If she's someone you knew before hand than it's that much easier. You should have an idea of what she likes and dislikes. Good Luck
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

comedy club would be a great first date place!

tips:

be yourself. nothing more. nothing less. don't try and live up to some created 'standard' of what girls want to hear. Just do what you do.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Yes. Like I said our relationship is really weird!

She already knows me well as she knows me pretty well. I mean we've been hanging out almost everyday since April, so its been a while.

Oh yeah, I didn't use the "date coupon" thing I just asked her out instead.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

I have a date possibly in late January ( 25) and for sure on Feburary 14 with a friend whom a couple of months ago told her how I felt, but rejected me, but finally agreed to go on a date so i'm wondering what should I do for the first date? I haven't dated much, so I lack experience on what to do on dates... however I have a nice evening planned for Feburary 14 at the Hyena Comedy Club in Fort Worth.
    That is like a month from now. Did you guys make an appointment or something.

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    i slaughtered a lamb today for fun.
    Now that what i call a first date. But this is the first date. Kerry doesn't know much about her. She mad get mad or something.
      0 Not allowed!

That is like a month from now. Did you guys make an appointment or something.
    No. I just thought it would be a nice time to have dates on those days.

Now that what i call a first date. But this is the first date. Kerry doesn't know much about her. She mad get mad or something.
    Actually she loves hunting. In fact she wants to go camping sometime!
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Watch re-runs of "Blind Date". That should give you some clues.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Techno
    Watch re-runs of "Blind Date". That should give you some clues.
    Blind Date is quite possibly one of worse shows I've ever seen!
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Save some money over the next month to make sure you have enough is always a good start! Or get a credit card.

Dinner and a movie is a classic first date, gives you time to chat but also enjoy something else too.

Alternatively you could just do dinner and a nice walk somewhere (needs to be good, not just a street somewhere!).

My most recent first date was spent in Hyde Park in the middle of London. Plenty of quiet space to sit around during the day and have a picnic. Then dinner in the evening then onto a bar.

Think of things to talk about before you go, there is nothing worse than an awkward silence where no one can think of things to say! Ask about other things she would like to do, get the thought of a second date in her head! If she mentions anything in particular that would be quite special to her try and arrange it, she'll be impressed!
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

I think I know the place to walk... the water gardens!
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

I think I know the place to walk... the water gardens!
    Walk her to her bedroom
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think it will be happening now

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=574026
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Water gardens is a great place to go to! You need some place that arouses romantic feelings. Another tip is don't be 100% emotionally involved in what's going on, there should be some part of you that will observe the whole thing abstractedly. Then, visualize the date in your mind, think about all possible outcomes, there may be many of them, but all of them should be positive.
    The most important thing BE CONFIDENT, and to be confident you should control your breathing whenever you become nervous. Good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

lorem ipsum, thanks for interesting and useful tips but I wonder how one can vizualize your coming date. You can't foresee how everything will go, nobody knows about it IMO.
    You, guy, don't think much of it and everything will be all right. The less you think of it, the better everything goes.
      0 Not allowed!

Kerry -

What many people tend to forget is the very basic of all relationships. Simply be yourself and do what you feel comes natural during the given moment. If you feel obliged to pull her chair out or opening the door, then do so. What you want this girl/woman to respect you for is who you are and not someone you are trying to be. Otherwise, the relationship will never be successful. If she seems to conflict with you in many ways, then you will know for sure that she isn't right for you because you are being yourself.

DR.PHIL? I HOPE YOUR LISTENING! JERETT IS COMING TO HOLLYWOOD!!!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex-Steve
    My most recent first date was spent in Hyde Park in the middle of London. Plenty of quiet space to sit around during the day and have a picnic. Then dinner in the evening then onto a bar.
    I used to love regents park... up by park cresent... couple of miles from Hyde park... RP was the bomb for a first date. They even had plays there every now and again during the summer. That was the life....

Anyhooo.... can't really go wrong with food... nice place where you can sit down and talk. Pick a nice place that does not cost too much, but is not cheap. I would not do movies, just in case you are ready to bail, but get stuck with movie tickets (take it from me... lol).

One of the best dates I've had in recent memory was by accident... I needed to stop by barns n noble to pick up a book... we had a drink there and talked.

Best advice I can give: wear a nice outfit... take a shower... smell good... cut your nails... get some mints (after eating... or before eating, if you have a problem), get some condoms (better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them), don't let her do all the talking, and talk about positive stuff (not the time to mention you smoked meth two years ago). Don't talk computer geek crap or football... have a convo and don't say anything stupid (like "I get drunk until I pass out").

Most important.... listen to what she says.... Also remember what looks good you might not be good for you... get ready to cut out of there if she is not for you.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AvailNetworks
    comedy club would be a great first date place!

tips:

be yourself. nothing more. nothing less. don't try and live up to some created 'standard' of what girls want to hear. Just do what you do.
    I wouldn't go to a comedy club on a first date as it'll probably show up how unfunny/interesting you are in compairsion. You also can't really make conversation; or so i'd imagine.
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sh0cky
    That's a pretty good choice for a first date. A few (obvious) points, be a gentleman. Move her chair and offer her a seat, if she has a jacket or anything, hang it over the back of the chair. Complements are a great way to let her know how she looks, just don't overly do it. Don't be nervous, trust me. I was nervous on my first date and never really kept eye contact. Talk to her and find out more interests, maybe you share alot of the same ones?

Not sure if that's the advice you're look for or not. If it is, I can post more.

Coming from a woman, that sounds a good way to go. By using light compliments...Making her feel good, (and there for good around you!..meaning she will associate happy feelings with you) is great way to get her to relax around you, make things less tense and reduce nervousness on both sides.
      0 Not allowed!

One tip I can give you:

Learn to shut up

If you are one of those people that talk a lot when they get nervous (I had dinner with one such person) it can be quite the mood killer.

So, give her a chance to talk too.

Above all, don't have a pre-planned expectation of the evening. Just go with what feels natural. This shouldn't be something scripted; otherwise it hides the truth.

Comedy club is a great idea because it helps loosen up people....unless the act is bad.

Wish you the best!
      0 Not allowed!

Hey ,

how you seen this website ??

http://www.datingarticles.com/
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!
      0 Not allowed!