hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : DRAC in PowerEdge 1750

Forum Jump

DRAC in PowerEdge 1750

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 01:30 AM

DRAC in PowerEdge 1750

Just picked up some used Dell PE 1750's, and was planning to add Drac's in them, but I can't seem to find which drac to use. Anyone that has any experience with this model?

Talked with a salesperson at Dell, first he didn't seem to know what Drac was, and after a while he came back to me with Drac IV which fits into PE1850. He belived it also should fit into 1750, but I don't belive that.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Ask your Dell rep to have a tech guy contact you as they should certainly be able to tell you which one you need.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Web Hosting Master

The PE1750's use the Drac 3, just contact Dell Peripherals or whomever as you'll need to order the internal Drac card for them, pop the case, remove a plastic fan cover (i believe) then slot it in.

Drac 4 is for the new models only as far as I'm aware, I hadn't heard of them being backward compatiable with the older models. As suggested above, have your sales guy get a tech on the phone to look up the hardware to give you an answer that you can hold them to.

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Codero Hosting Raises $8 Million to Expand in US, Europe Web Hosting News 2014-01-29 15:17:20
Codero Hosting Names Former Rackspace VP Support COO Web Hosting News 2013-10-02 15:17:34
Codero Hosting Launches On-Demand Storage Services Web Hosting News 2013-04-30 14:58:12
Codero Hosting Adds Dell PowerEdge Servers Web Hosting News 2013-04-03 15:48:11
Peak Hosting Launches Dell R815 Dedicated Server for Large Scale Memory Requirements Web Hosting News 2012-07-13 14:31:31