* OPTIONS IN THE RANGE OF 200 USD? Maybe I have to move from actual Provider.

Hello all.
    I am looking for options in the range of 200 usd/month. This in case my actual provider can not solve one tech problem they have had in the last 15 days.
    The story.
    I ordered 13 days ago a new server since the actual one is not powerful enough now for my needs. I contracted and payed a new server and was promised that all the actual configuration and data will be moved to new server. In all these days they said they can not access my actual server, for some reason and that they can not move the information yet. I am using CPANEL under Fedora and th server (old one) is up and running. Anyway, of course I have payed for the new server plus an extra for the days of December and nothing until now.

Any suggestions on where to look for options?

I have been with these provider for 2 years now and I have been a happy user. Yes, we have had problems but all of them acceptable until now.

This is what I got:
    Server: AMD 64 3800 A,RAM: 2GB,Bandwidth: 2000GB,OS: CentOS 4.x X86_64 Bit,IP's 8 ( 5 usable ),Control Panel: Cpanel/WHM/Fantastico w/ RVSkins,Uplink Port Speed: 100Mbps ,Drive Controller: SATA , 72.232.162.10---$129.00
    Hard Drive: 200GB---$20.00
    Fully Managed---$49.95

Please let me know if I can get something similar in price and with quality. Based in experience if possible.

Thanks in advance .
    JB

JB,

That is odd that they cannot access your old server. Can they even access it via single user mode? In any case, I highly recommend my current provider The New York NOC (www.thenynoc.com). They are running specials now and can be found at this link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=573804

good luck!

Hello. Yes, the server is accesible. I can access it from here. I am not a CPANEL expert but I guess if the srever is up and running and if you can enter as root , then migration should not be a problem. Anyway. I am waiting for their answer now. Their sales people is excellent and I hope they can help me. I hate to see that 2 years almost excellent work could became trash and to tell the truth I do not want to start a new oddysey looking and testing providers. That's why I am asking for comments and recommendations based on experience. Thanks for your comments about the New York Noc. I will write them right away. Just in case. Thanks!

This is the last message I have received from my provider 5 hours ago (This problem has been since December 23rd):
    ---------
    We are coordinating with data centers and just to let you know that they are working with their Network Architects to have this issue resolved. We, right now, can't give you any time estimation for this issue, but after highlighting the urgency of this matter to data center several times, it seems it will get resolved soon.

We will keep you updated with the proceedings.

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this regard.
    ---------

Suggestions pls.....

How large are the accounts on your existing server that they're trying to move, and is there a storage issue problem on the current server which could be hinder tar files from being created? If this is the only issue you've had with them, and are able to work with them easily, perhaps an e-mail and explanation to their billing department would be helpful in crediting you for unused days on the new box if they were guaranteeing the transfer? Hopefully you can get the matter sorted here shortly to your satisfaction, otherwise perhaps another management company would be able to assist you with the transfer as well.

are they attempting to create a Secure Conenction or cross connect between your servers or something, since you say you can log in via root no problem, het they need network architects to sort something.
    Perigee Global Corporation
    Design, Development and Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated Servers, CDN, Hosted E-Mail, Web Hosting, VPS & Cloud Servers
    1.212.400-7632 www.perigeeglobal.com

Hello.
    Well. No . In fact I have cancelled the server. After all the problems I was told tha LAYERDEDTECH (my current company sells them also) installed a server but since the firts moment they could not ping to my actual server, with Nocster. That started exactly on december 23rd, Until today when I close that and finished very dissapointed and tired of all they never, Softlayer, fixed the problem. That why my actual provider never could see my old server and get the information from it.
    Too bad a company that accoording to some people here in the forums is good, give that kind of service. Now I am waiting for my money back but I do not know how much that could take.
    My actual server old one, with Nocster performs well but was getting old (2 years, P4 2.8, 512 Ram 80GB HD) I tried to upgrade ram but another 512 with Nocster cost 100 setup and 45 usd a month for the extra ram.
    Now looking for options. My provider sells also SOFTLAYER . With the expereience I will avoid forever LAYERDEDTECH. Any recoomendatiosn based on experience besides SOFTLAYER? My busget is 200 USD/month including CPNANEL/RVSKIN/FANTASTICO the full or semi managed of the server and looking a server with 2gb of ram, 160 Gb HD, 100 mbps uplink port and aroun 2000-3000 gb transfer.
    Any advice is really appreciatted.
    Thanks in advance

JB

ok, so you arent a client of Layeredtech but of a reseller and it was the reseller that was trying to migrate your accounts for you.

You said yourself that you were able to log into cpanel no problem, which is why im mildly confused why your provider was pointing the finger at a network infrastructure problem when attempting to move your files etc across and why they state they could not ping your server, even though you just said that cpanel was fine

Yes. The reseller was trying to make the move. That was the offering done when I contracted the new and faster server.

Yes. In my old server, I could enter cpnael and everything was working fine. Still is working.
    Well that was I received as an answer, that the server was lost packets on ping, since December 23rd and that in all these time The people from LayeredTech was not able to fix it. Finally Yesterday (January 4th) I gave up on waiting for the fix and cancelled . I am in the process of seing how much money back will I receive since besides having to pay in fulll for January I have payed around $60 for the week of 23 to dec 31st.
    I have read that LayeredTech was not so bad. I am really surprised and dissapointed on this.
    That's why I am actualy looking for option to upgrade to faster server at the end of the month.

JB

when dealing with a reseller im sorry but you cannot be 100% sure that the issue lay solely with Layeredtech as the info is being relayed by your reseller, who no offence, will shift any blame if its at all possible.

Im not saying layeredtech arent to blame, but you cant be sure it wasnt your resellers fault, and if you are to blame anyone, blame your reseller, they are more than welcome to blame layeredtech in turn lol.

Yes. You are right. Only reseller and provider know the real truth. Meantime will look for options and for now will avoid Layeredtech.

<< My actual server old one, with Nocster performs well but was getting old (2 years, P4 2.8, 512 Ram 80GB HD) I tried to upgrade ram but another 512 with Nocster cost 100 setup and 45 usd a month for the extra ram.
    Now looking for options. >>

If you contact us, we'll see what we can do to help you out with that!