please recommend a reliable, fast hosting company.

Again, I'm looking for a shared hosting service for my website that has been online for 2 yrs. My site used be hosted on a VPS sponsored by a friend. The reason to move is that our sponsor is no longer able to support us.

Requirements:

web space: 5GB
    bandwidth: 50 - 100GB/month
    php + mysql
    budget: $7 - 11/month

----------------

Basically, my site is a portal using Joomla! and a SMF forum with about 400 registered users.

ps: I have read through this forum and found quite a few reviews, but couldn't decided which to take. I hope you guys can give me some recommendations.

thanks
    Tubenode.com - FFMPEG, PHP & RoR Hosting
    RCholic.com - R/C videos sharing

Well, the question really comes down to -- are you expecting VPS-like performance for your budget?

I do not think you will find that much bandwidth for that little cost on a shared platform not to mention VPS.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    I do not think you will find that much bandwidth for that little cost on a shared platform not to mention VPS.
    Why not? I could find a million.

www.site5.com
    www.dreamhost.com
    www.bluehost.com
    www.hostgator.com
    www.hostrocket.com

Need a million others?
    Google!

Now be sure to research any specific companies that you come up with though. Their reviews, customers and posts related to them here at WHT should be your first step!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    Well, the question really comes down to -- are you expecting VPS-like performance for your budget?
    with that much budget, my expectation is not as high as a VPS. But I do need it to be fast.

Just ask the host if they have a speed test available on the server.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I would also suggest Network Redux - I've hosted with them for a while and the uptime is great.

I'll just share you with my experience:

turbulentmedia.com
    (could not make it a link due to minimum nr. of posts)

used it for almost a year now, and tot very fast support and good uptime, check the site in my profile and use the siteuptime link in the bottom.

They only downtime I got was when they move the server where i was hosted on..

It's a bit more expensive (12.50/month) as you asked for but it's certainly worth the money..
    Decide yourself!

i only can say.. have had very bad xperience with 'cheap' hosts!
    And i'm glad I pay a bit more now..

My recommendation would be to check the hosting offers section, go with someone that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jongwebsolutions

turbulentmedia.com

used it for almost a year now, and tot very fast support and good uptime, check the site in my profile and use the siteuptime link in the bottom.

It's a bit more expensive (12.50/month) as you asked for but it's certainly worth the money..
    Decide yourself!

sounds very fishy to be honest.. totally new member..giving loads of details of host like 'check the site in my profile and use the siteuptime link in the bottom.'

www.wattproxy.info

You suggested Dreamhost, that I use, but for a Joomla site I would go with Lunarpages. I use both, so this is a personal opinion.
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

If you're somewhat techy and can keep track of your scripts and not get hacked I'd recommend going over to Dathorn.com I've been with them a while and it's solid as a rock.

$13.50/mo though
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by repoman
    sounds very fishy to be honest.. totally new member..giving loads of details of host like 'check the site in my profile and use the siteuptime link in the bottom.'
    well my account goes back about a year.. but my other post were never counted and mostly I only read a bit over here.. Most of the times I'm at webhostingtalk.nl
    I gave some more details to avoid such claims like yours.. (because i know it would like if it was my first post.)

I have been using theire service and I'm happy about it.. (sofar).. Just check yourself...

The TS was asking for a reliable host.. I have one. so i gave the hint..
    but it is good to be curious and decide yourself

Quote Originally Posted by ivytony
    Again, I'm looking for a shared hosting service for my website that has been online for 2 yrs. My site used be hosted on a VPS sponsored by a friend. The reason to move is that our sponsor is no longer able to support us.

Requirements:

web space: 5GB
    bandwidth: 50 - 100GB/month
    php + mysql
    budget: $7 - 11/month

----------------

Basically, my site is a portal using Joomla! and a SMF forum with about 400 registered users.

ps: I have read through this forum and found quite a few reviews, but couldn't decided which to take. I hope you guys can give me some recommendations.

thanks
    come straight to my mind to recommend you to ****** hosting.
    100Gb space + 1000GB bandwidth/mth.
    host 10 domains.
    Unlimited emails, 3 MySQL database, blog, photo album, shoping cart, video publishing software, 1 year money back guarantee ...

try godaddy hosting plans
    it is really fast and cheap as well

Quote Originally Posted by Playpics
    try godaddy hosting plans
    it is really fast and cheap as well
    Bingo.. You said "cheap". GoDaddy does not have the best reviews on here for web hosting. I do not recomend them at all.

thanks for the suggestions.

What do you guys think of hostingzoom's Clustered Failover Web Hosting plan?

http://www.hostingzoom.com/web/web-hosting.html

It looks good and affordable to me. However, I was told that there are a couple of hudred accounts hosted on a single server of this hosting plan. I want my website to be decently fast. Is their plan OK?

Quote Originally Posted by jongwebsolutions

turbulentmedia.com

Decide yourself!

I have to come back about my suggestion.. should have never made it... Just after recommending their service this host went down... and also their support does not respond anymore.. while before it was respoding always within 4-6 hours..

For myself I hope this is a temporary problem..