Thread: NeroVision

NeroVision

Hello,

For many years now i've been using the Nero package CD that comes with my DVD-Burner. Mainly utilizing the Nero Vision (Version 4.1.0.9) application, I would convert my AVI files to VOBs, (AVI 2 DVD) and then add to Nero Vision, or I would just add the AVI files directly.

For about six to eight months now, whenever I would convert using the WinAVI Converter program (Mind you I have been using this to convert for quite sometime as well.) and then add the convert files to Nero Vision, the bar would show it is too large to fit on a DVD, however futher inspection shows that the filesize is only of 3GB when a DVD can handle just over 4GB.

To make sure there was no error, I added the AVI files, which are each, 700MB, and that too came well over the 4.7GB filesize when 700x3 is only 2.1GB. I also converted the three files into MPGs, which came out at 2.73GB together.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to find the source of this problem as I have a large quantity of videos I would like to convert, and burn to regain old storage space.

Thanks!
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

Nero vision is one of the most picky avi/dvd burning tools I've seen. Unfortunately, this is a Nero problem that they can't exactly figure out.

The problem is usually the conversion method. If you're trying to burn as a video, there are certain codecs that Nero can't read properly, causing it to think that the video is too long. If you're trying to burn them as video, then this will cause a problem, because filesize does not matter. Try reducing the quality of the burn.

If, however, you're trying to burn as straight raw file (ie: .avi), then this isn't a problem.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Yeah, like I have some TV seasons in AVI format, that I want to burn so I can get them off of my hard drive and overall, it was about maybe 2.3GB in size, however adding it to the NV program, it came out over the filelimit by at least a GB if I remember.

I know for a fact that in the past, I was able to back-up TV seasons, because I have six seasons of a TV show I watched all backed up, using NV and leaving them as AVI files.

Any suggestions on another application to try? I heard Roxio sucks now, and other than using Nero for the last five years, i'm clueless as to what other applications can do as good, if not better job than Nero.
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

Any suggestions on another application to try?
    It's not the application, it's how you're encoding things, like I said before.
    Take a good look @ VideoRedo which works with mpegs or Tivo . If you do things properly you'll be able to save 11 episodes (of hour long shows) easily onto one dvd.

Mpegs are the way to save your files, not through DivX/Avi. They may (note: may) take up a bit more room, but they're totally worth it in time. When moving things to dvd, Nero has to convert the avi to mpeg format anyways, so obviously that step is skipped, and the quality (from what I've seen) is much better.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I just recently purchased the latest edition of Nero and it works great for me. I use NV a lot myself and when I add files it automatically fits it to the size of the disc for me. It will also tell me how good the quality will be when I burn it.

I suggest upgrading to the latest version, I am currently running NV 4.7.0.9
    Former owner of 275mb, DKMHosting, and Easy-Upload

what i do that works as i had that problem happen many times is either lower the quality to make it less or using nero express after using winavi (to convert to vob) and burning the whole folder right away with no menu or anythin