Wedding proposal: Cartoon animation software for total newbie

This will be a great favor from the all of you!

My girlfriend and I been going out for 6 years and counting. I think it's about time for me to take a step forward. I have an idea on how to propose to her and I already wrote the scripts. Something similar to this:

http://www.worldofjeff.net/proposal/large.htm (Quicktime)

But I don't need that fancy of an animated proposal as Jeff has done. By the way, that animated proposal was really really good!

I want something simpler, yet I think it's more creative in some ways. I don't have a team of 20 animators to help out on the project, but I want to do it myself. I have about a little more than 3 months from now.

Plus, I'm not an art person (I like Van Gogh though ) and I've tried to learn Flash numerous times, but I failed miserably. I'm a computer person, however, just not good in drawing.

So, I'm wondering if you guys are aware of any software out there that can make the whole process a little easier for me? At least, easy enough for me to get through the learning curve and be able to do something with it within a limited time frame. I have three months, and despite the fact that my dissertation is taking a lot of my time, I'm willing to spend 4-6 hours on this project everyday.

Any comments, feedbacks, or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Happy 2007!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lim
    Any comments, feedbacks, or suggestions are highly appreciated!
    Seems kind of weird IMO. Why don't you just ask her in person -- probably more romantic, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve
    Seems kind of weird IMO. Why don't you just ask her in person -- probably more romantic, too.
    You think so? I thought it was a really sweet and good idea to propose to her that way. Have the animation played in front of our family members and friends.

You think so? I thought it was a really sweet and good idea to propose to her that way. Have the animation played in front of our family members and friends.
    I suppose it depends on her personality. I thought the link in your original post was a little too geeky.

Execution is certainly an important factor as well.

It sounds minor, but by making this into a DVD when you're done and doing it that way sounds more "romantic" then sitting in front of a PC

My thoughts: Ditch all of that... Just ask her like a gentlemen!

I think you should just ask her in person... I admit the work you do on the animation may seem nicer but surely it is more romantic just asking her in the right setting ect..
    Reliable, safe, secure. A company that cares about their clients

MyPaidHost - For Vps | Shared | Resellers accounts

Depending on your country .... she may ask you
    1. Mmmmm food...