• I agree!

13 46.43%
  • Nope...see below

13 46.43%
  • I have a different idea...see below

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertising Posts - Suggestion

I have a different spin on the paying per advertising post thing. I'm neutral in this regard, so here goes:

Howabout only Premium members can post advertisements? This gets more money for iNet and encourages people to take more active roles in the community.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I just thought of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    This gets more money for iNet
    And hurts the majority of the community.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

And hurts the majority of the community.
    Why? That doesn't make sense.

Why? That doesn't make sense.
    How does that not make sense?
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Amdac
    How does that not make sense?
    If your only purpose on WHT is to advertise, then YOU are hurting the community.
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    If your only purpose on WHT is to advertise, then YOU are hurting the community.
    If this is the reason behind the idea... then increase the post count needed to be able to post adverts.
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

Isnt there a seperate advertising area on the premium bases??

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I dont agree with it..lets not turn into another SitePoint.

There are two reasons why someone would want to agree to this:

A) They never use the advertising forums.
    B) They are already premium members.

What a load of balls.
    System Administrator

Well i think they are wanting good advertising and not BS posted there....

But i think the advertising base in the premium section has only good advertising if im not mistaken..... (I think this is what they are after)

Nocebo, if you go to the premium forums you can see that last year I suggested the creation of an extra advertising area, for premium members, but keeping this one.
    If you just remove this one, spam in other parts of the forum will rise.
    Two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors, previously a super-affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by voxio

What a load of balls.
    You would add ;

C) It might take away from WHT.
    Last edited by music; 01-02-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Why are people so against this???

Premium members have thier own set of bases and no one objects to that,so why cant they have thier own ADVERTISING area??

Its not gonna take anything away from what we love here @ WHT!

You ppl dont even realize what your objecting to!

Eventually, a lot of people will be a premium member since it's not really that expensive anyway and they would like to advertise. And then your back to square one with the same problem.

What a load of balls.
    That's incredibly moronic. If you'll note...I'm the one who suggested it - I'm not a premium member and I use the advertising forums every so often. Granted I don't do it weekly, but I absolutely post specials when I have them available. I would absolutely be willing to pay the fee to become a premium member for that privilege.

This solution eliminates the paying-per-post problem and shows that the people posting the ads are serious.

Eventually, a lot of people will be a premium member since it's not really that expensive anyway and they would like to advertise. And then your back to square one with the same problem.
    It'll eliminate a lot of the not-so-serious offers and get people more active in the community. You're not going to wind up with all of WHT being premium members. But yeah, I'd probably recommend upping the price a bit more. Or, maybe there could be two types of premium members (one that's slightly cheaper and only lets you post in the webhosting & vps advertising forums and one that's slightly more expensive and lets you post in the dedicated & vps advertising forums).

And obviously all the people posting ads are now not serious?

What a joke.

Infact, your a joke.

I love when people try to make things more exclusive for no good reason.
    System Administrator

And obviously all the people posting ads are now not serious?
    I can point out a ton of advertisement posts by companies who aren't even close to being serious. That's also not what I said, however. Please read my post before making yourself look like an idiot.

OK this is making me laugh.

Your statement is "paying for posting advertisements makes you more serious".

So your suggesting that you would rather pay to advertise when currently the advertising is free? Isn't that shooting yourself in the foot? (AKA El stupid?)

I look in the advertising forums ALOT and its very rare to see any "rubbish" posted there.

Have a look at the current amount of users viewing the advertising forums, it's a large amount, do you really think they would bother if only larger companies posted there?

Doubtful.

OK let me break it down just for you so it's easier to understand:

A) Bringing this into force would cause a big drop in the amount of adverts posted and as such there will be alot less readers of the advertising forums.
    B) People will just go elsewhere.
    C) Your adverts will be viewed less.
    D) You will not receive as much publicity.

Do i really need to go on?

I won't be making any further posts here as I'm sure you'll agree I'm having a debate with someone with little or no knowledge on the subject.
    System Administrator

Better idea: Raise the post count to 30 or something, but only if you think there is an actual problem there. I don't see anything to suggest that there's a problem with the way it currently works.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdevil
    And then your back to square one with the same problem.
    Not really........ If almost everyone is a premium member,INET would love it and they could do even more to make the site even better

Quote Originally Posted by GamePhreak
    Better idea: Raise the post count to 30 or something, but only if you think there is an actual problem there. I don't see anything to suggest that there's a problem with the way it currently works.
    Why not 300?

So your suggesting that you would rather pay to advertise when currently the advertising is free? Isn't that shooting yourself in the foot? (AKA El stupid?)
    Yes, for the reasons I mentioned above.

I look in the advertising forums ALOT and its very rare to see any "rubbish" posted there.
    We disagree on this point, so we'll just leave this out.

Have a look at the current amount of users viewing the advertising forums, it's a large amount, do you really think they would bother if only larger companies posted there?
    Because only large companies can afford the small fee to become a premium member? Uhh, okay.

I won't be making any further posts here as I'm sure you'll agree I'm having a debate with someone with little or no knowledge on the subject.
    Let's play the dictionary game.

o·pin·ion /əˈpɪnyən/ [uh-pin-yuhn] –noun
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

What we're discussing here are our opinions. Get a clue.

Because only large companies can afford the small fee to become a premium member? Uhh, okay.
    First off let me say that I am not looking to start a debate, I am looking to just put in my opinion , not start any fires.

Fifty dollars can seem like a lot of money to some people. Like I said before, lets not turn into a SitePoint here.

Fifty dollars can seem like a lot of money to some people. Like I said before, lets not turn into a SitePoint here.
    My argument there is that if you're renting dedicated servers and you can't afford $50, you've got larger problems to worry about.

I also said that we could perhaps have two types of premium members - one that allows you to advertise in webhosting & vps and is less expensive (and the opposite).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    Yet you can see my post count....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast