monitoring bandwidth on an IP

What is the best tool to monitor bandwidth on different IP addresses on the same server. I am currently using mrtg so if it is possible to configure that to do what i need, please let me know

Thanks.

I always have trouble setting up mrtg, plus rackshack doesn't allow router reading. So I use bandmin instead. It has been working real well for me.

Peter

Yes use bandmin to monitor IP based hosting.

is it just me or is their site not available? anybody have a copy i could download and get instructions?

Thanks peoples!

Yes, bandmin is very difficult to get. However, search the forum archive. I think nick posted links to the files in his personal website.

In fact, if you use iptables, I think what you have to do is to install one of the 0.8x for ipchains, and then upgrade it to iptables version (1.2x). Otherwise it won't work. (or at least that was my impression).

Peter

You can use MRTG to monitor traffic on your own interface and only have SNMP listen on localhost.

i may be missing something but i dont see a total used number on any of my mrtg graph html pages....

use mod_watch to get MRTG graph on your virtual accounts. You need to install MRTG first though, which is not that hard.

regards,
    -dave
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Never heard of Mod_watch before.......exactly what I needed.

Thanks