How to import a wordpress blog from anothe

Say I want to move domain names. However, I got a lot of good articles in a blog. How can I move the articles from one to another?

If you're sticking with WordPress, just transfer the database over. By default, WP doesn't store full URLs, but uses the user-defined variable in the database to form them, so by changing the latter, all your automatic internal links will still work.

We do this all the time, for people migrating from subdomain.foo.com to adomain.tld. Works perfectly.

If you're not sticking with WP... what are you thinking? WordPress rocks.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS

I am sticking to WP. What I don't know is while Wordpress has plugin to import from other blogs, wordpress do not have convenient plugin to import from one another.

Do you have ssh access? It woudln't be difficult with that. Just run this:

mysqldump -u username -p databasename > backup.sql
    <enter pass>
    mysql -u username -p newdatabasename < backup.sql

You could probably even just copy your wp-config.php to the new account, as long as it was on the same server. Then just go into your admin panel, and config the new domain, and path, and all that jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by hardjoko
    I am sticking to WP. What I don't know is while Wordpress has plugin to import from other blogs, wordpress do not have convenient plugin to import from one another.
    That's because the only thing most of the import tools do is to export data in a uniform format from one blog, and convert as much of that data as possible into WP's expected format. Since everything is already in the correct format, it's simple enough to switch over between WP installs.

Heck, if you're using a recent version of WordPress, there's a default plugin that allows you to backup the DB from WP, in a format that can be imported byPHPMyAdmin.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS