hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : I want somebody to take a lie detector test...

Forum Jump

I want somebody to take a lie detector test...

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Web Hosting Master

I want somebody to take a lie detector test...

This sounds bit cooky but I want somebody I know to take a lie detector test. Does anybody know if they are expensive and has anybody here ever made somebody they know take one?

I don't want to get into details of why I want this person to do it but I don't like some idiotic man making a fool out of me. Especially not one who I've know for the past 15 yrs. No matter what I do he refuses to admit the truth to me about a certain something and it is literally making me ill.

I am going CRAZY because I do not know what the truth is. I do but then I don't. I wonder if I make him take a lie detector test if I will be able to be better at peace

But I don't know if I really believe in the accuracy of lie detector tests? Because I'd get really nervous and then my heart would start to race if I was hooked up to one of those if I was asked a question that somebody claims I'm lying about even if I was telling the truth while hooked up.

I wonder if they are expensive or if it is easy to find a place in my area that does lie detector tests? Can I look it up under a phone book... what would it be under? I don't know how to find a number to a place like that...

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Web Hosting Master

Call MAURY show!

I'll be glad to hear from you

Old 12-31-2006, 09:00 PM
antitheistic atheist

Plant some fake evidence, get him arrested, and pass a c-note to the detective in charge and tell him to ask what you want during the lie test.

So far you're batting 0/2 on responses here

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Web Hosting Master

You could always contact your local Mafia (Yellow Book) to get the exact truth.

Peace,

Old 12-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Web Hosting Guru

You should know this person after 15 years.
Ask him point blank and watch his body language.
Does he look you in the eye? look away? lower his head?
pause before answering?

Try this http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

Old 12-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Web Hosting Master

I believe the going rate these days is in the $250-$500 range. You can check with these guys for more info
http://www.floridapolygraphassociates.com/

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thanks Trau... I shall definitely check that out. I will see his reaction when I ask him to take the lie detector and see if he refuses to do it or not. If he has something to hide he will refuse it. And if he refuses I will drag him there << removed >>.

I don't care if it costs a couple of hundred dollars... he will be the one paying for it I guarantee that much.

But the problem is I wonder if they are really accurate in detecting lies. I mean they must be pretty accurate if they use them in murder investigations?

Like somebody suggested I might need to call the Maury show, then I could get it for free

This whole thing is just making me sick.

Last edited by Tyler; 01-01-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Web Hosting Master

I just checked out that link and they charge about $400, it is expensive

But I only need to find one thing out.... only one question. They say that the testing takes up to 2 or 3 hrs. But perhaps it will be cheaper since I only have one main question I need the answer to. I'll contact them tomorrow and find out.

There also must be cheaper ones out there...

Old 01-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Web Hosting Master

Lie detector tests are extremely easy to beat. And that reason is why they are not admissible in most courts (unless a judge agrees to have it). I'm sure most lawyers would tell you that any competent court would not allow any kind of a lie detector test because they just don't work.

You might just be wasting your time.

Last edited by macdonaldp; 01-01-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
I just checked out that link and they charge about $400, it is expensive

But I only need to find one thing out.... only one question. They say that the testing takes up to 2 or 3 hrs. But perhaps it will be cheaper since I only have one main question I need the answer to. I'll contact them tomorrow and find out.

There also must be cheaper ones out there...
You can't just ask the person one question and be done with it. I believe there's a lead-up to the question/situation, and other variations of the question that would be asked.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Web Hosting Master

This is very important to note:

Quote:
While polygraph tests are commonly used in police investigations in the US, no defendant or witness can be forced to undergo the test. In United States v. Scheffer (1998) [4], the US Supreme Court left it up to individual jurisdictions whether polygraph results could be admitted as evidence in court cases. Nevertheless, it is used extensively by prosecutors, defense attorneys, and law enforcement agencies who believe in its utility.

In the United States, the State of New Mexico admits polygraph testing in front of juries under certain circumstances. In many other states, polygraph examiners are permitted to testify in front of judges in various types of hearings (Motion to Revoke Probation, Motion to Adjudicate Guilt).

In most European jurisdictions, polygraphs are not considered reliable evidence and are not generally used by police forces. However, in any lawsuit, an involved party can order a psychologist to write an opinion based on polygraph results to substantiate the credibility of its claims. The party must bear the expense themselves, and the court weighs the opinion like any other opinion the party has ordered. Courts themselves do not order or pay for polygraph tests. An example of this practice would be a rape trial in which the defendant tries to fortify their testimony by submitting themselves to a polygraph session.

In Canada, the use of a polygraph is sometimes employed in screening employees for government organizations. However, in the 1987 decision of R. v. Béland, the Supreme Court of Canada rejected the use of polygraph results as evidence in court.
That certainly doesn't have me believing in the use of lie detector tests. And certainly I'm no fan of the US legal system and seeing that they are used more frequently then anywhere else certainly doesn't have me gaining confidence in the US legal system.

I'm glad that lie detector tests cannot be used in Canadian Courts at all and the reason it isn't allowed:

Quote:
Opinion of the Court

Justice William Rogers McIntyre, writing for the majority, held that polygraphs were inadmissible because they violated several rules of evidence. Polygraphs, if used for showing credibility, would violate the rule against "oath-helping", which prevents the use of evidence only to prove good credibility. Second, it also violates the rule against the admission of previous out of court statements. Third, it violates the character evidence rule that prohibits evidence that attacks character. Lastly, the polygraph is a type of expert evidence that must be excluded as matters of credibility are already within the experience of the judges and juries.

McIntyre also added that the use of the polygraph will unnecessarily complicate the process and bring in too many uncertainties due to its frequency of error.

Justice La Forest, in a separate concurring opinion, agreed with McIntyre's result but on the basis that the polygraph had too much mystique that would unduly influence the jury, and the potential for opening up too many collateral issues.
The influence US Prosecutors have on US juries sickens me and this again shows that anybody that thinks they should be used in place of good police work they should seriously reconsider their opinion.

And lastly... http://antipolygraph.org/ and a great source from that website http://antipolygraph.org/articles/article-018.shtml

Last edited by macdonaldp; 01-01-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:59 AM
Community Liaison

There is some lie detector software available on the net. It senses stress in the voice. MTV uses something like this for their new show and I also saw it talked about on Good Morning America.

Old 01-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Web Hosting Master

Yes, Mike is right, MTV has a new show that senses everything in the voice, and will tell you whether it is a lie or not.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 AM
Nothing to see move along.

Quote:

I don't want to get into details of why I want this person to do it but I don't like some idiotic man making a fool out of me. Especially not one who I've know for the past 15 yrs. No matter what I do he refuses to admit the truth to me about a certain something and it is literally making me ill.

Seems to me you dont want a lie detector test you want someone to tell you what you think happened really did happen. You have by the looks of things made up your mind so what is the point of a lie detector test.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Community Leader

Quote:

I am going CRAZY because I do not know what the truth is. I do but then I don't.
Ummmm, something is missing here

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
HITRUST SQL Injection Exposes 111 Records, Test Data Web Hosting News 2013-05-29 15:18:07
QTS Implements Government Cloud Test Lab at Richmond Data Center Web Hosting News 2013-05-10 12:18:40
Data Center Test – Phoenix NAP Shuts off the Power Web Hosting News 2012-12-13 15:10:26
Web Hosts, Internet Industry Prepare for World IPv6 Launch Web Hosting News 2012-05-23 17:16:15
Web Host Data City Exchange Sets Up Cloud Testbeds at UK Data Centers Web Hosting News 2012-05-11 13:44:24