I think this belongs in the domain name forum.

Yahoo is offering domain names for $1.99/year

http://order.sbs.yahoo.com/ds/LearnM...p=YD1&.src=sbs

Before registering at ****** or Yahoo use the search function of the forum, and read other people's experiences with them, after that, pay a bit more and go a real registrar, you'll save money in the long term

Quote Originally Posted by klarth
    I think this belongs in the domain name forum.
    And moved.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Mm I have also been looking for cheaper domains etc. I have about 10 Domains with iDotz.net and the service is GREAT! but.. I would prefer to spend a bit less on them and maybe be able to re-sell? Any ideas of others?

There are people who don't know and others who don't want to understand
    So i refer to the first category only

I said that before, i will say it again
    Registrars,Resellers or whatever is out there selling below $6.25 per year waits from you something else to take their ... LOSS
    $6.25 is their cost so if you were them would you sell with loss ?

I prefer the registrar to take $1-3 from me and serve (and still think he's cheap) rather to have higher renewal rates, don't let me move, don't serve me or the worse of all .. loose my domain

Domain Names is not the cherrie to the pie but the whole pie if you are planning to build a business on it
    If you want to resell them and you try to save $3 then i think you're in the wrong business

Now the choice is yours. Use the upper brain and don't bite the marketing traps of the companies out there

Note : I'm a fan of cheap too but i try to differentiate the cheap from ridiculous
    --- ZARDEN.com : Buy and Market Domain Names ---

As I sit here for 2 frustrating hours trying to register 3 freaking domains through RegisterFly's dead-dog interface, just so I can save a few dollars with their coupons, I find myself agreeing with the "you get what you pay for" gurus on WHT.

After all, how much is an hour of your life worth? In my case a lot more than a couple of dollars!

You will see many comments for registerfly around chris

Losing an hour is valuable but no so valuable as the real price of a domain when it get's popular and internet taught us that you never know when you develop or trade a domain if it will be a success or not.
    --- ZARDEN.com : Buy and Market Domain Names ---