Web Hosting - Need Design Feedback

Hi all,

thanks for taking the time to look at this thread. I really prefer html for some reason and got pretty good at it and ended up doing the whole company site in it with some MySQL. I was hoping to get some feedback on the design/content.

I appreciate all feedback and thanks.

Please visit: http://www.emonsterhost.com

Please try and rate it from 1-10 with your thoughts.

6/10

Its not my cuppa tea

I dont like the navigation or the server images used myself

nor the grey bars with various logo's

Thats just my personal opinion as i have a different taste in design

Its not bad though

Thanks for the feedback still. Everything will be taken into consideration.

Honest feedback:

Too Cluttered, too busy and too cookie cutter.

I would simplify your color scheme, seperate some of your logos off to either a platform/about page or something like that.

I would also get rid of all the sun servers unless you really host on sun hardware then i would find a better way to focus that you host on sun hardware. I don't know anyone who hosts general sites on e6500's such as the one you have pictured.

Best of Luck!

5/10 sorry to be harsh but there are errors in the code (a good idea would be to recode the layout without using dreamweaver to auto generate all the code) and the design is not to my taste either. But apart from those two points its not to bad.

Im also giving it a low 5/10 in terms of design as its nothing fancy nor professional. Its like you found a top (the links), a banner (the graphics around If you are looking for affordable and reliable web hosting, you have come to the right place. We offer the most affordable hosting with features such as CGI, MySQL, PHP and more) and a bottom and just put it all together.

Not to mention coming soon pages shouldn't be linekd pages.

6/10

I like the menu but I think you should center it, I do not like the image spacer makes it look cluttered.

I think you should change the bottom of the page does not look professional enough.

Other than that I think its ok but you should make some changes.
    Reliable, safe, secure. A company that cares about their clients

MyPaidHost - For Vps | Shared | Resellers accounts

In Firefox, the menu is not centered, though the rest of the page is. The font used for the menu bar graphics is unprofessional, but the rest of the menu is good.

The banner thing takes up alot of room but serves no purpose. The brand logos aren't horrible but they too are useless. And the "why choose us" and "technical support" sections take up tons of room, yet they don't say anything every other webhost also says, so they are useless as well.

Thanks, i'm trying to get an impression on my next design, i just don't know how i should lay everything out, i'd like to keep the color scheme but i have no problem changing everything else.

Regards,

Very basic and early 90'sh appeal to it. Retro style. The menu shoots off the left while the page is centered. I would tend to say you are heading in the right direction in some regards but the site doesn't flow and come across as unprofessional at first glance. Research other sites and see how they lay their information out and the colors used as well as eye candy tricks to make your company appear to be professional. Site design is everything. Within 10 seconds - your customers can decide to like you or hate you based solely on your sites presence.

Thanks for the input, you must have been using Firefox for the java menu mishap.

Quote Originally Posted by rllunzmann
    Thanks for the input, you must have been using Firefox for the java menu mishap.
    Hello ,

7 becuase :

everything is nice and clear but the menu I THINK should be at the middle you see ...

i think you are missing something like a border !

other wise everything is nice and clean !!

Thanks
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!

7/10 everything is simple and easy.

Menu bar should centered. It's not a nice for someone visiting the site, to see any sort of problems. Even a tiny problem like that, could drive away a potentional customer.

As everyone said above, center the top menu, it would look much better. Balances the page out too.

I might consider adding a solid color background (light grey?) It looks ok though without.

The top menu I might change the colors. They don't blend well with the blue and red you have everywhere else.

Not a bad job at all though. 6/10.

does anyone know why my menu isn't centered when using firefox? How could that possibly be fixed?

No offence Ryan, just honest feedback: If I were someone in search for hosting, I would certainly not buy from you when I would see that website. Maybe your service is top notch but the website shows a poor business that basically has no money to invest in it's own image making me look somewhere else.
    Custom logo design
    17+ years of experience, customers in over 100 countries
    www.ypson.com

how can i get that centered in firefox?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by rllunzmann
    how can i get that centered in firefox?

Regards,
    Hello ,

I had the same problem with a flash menu ! anyway my designer fixed it for me i left him a email now .

I will keep you update (if no one had a solution)

Navid N
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!

Yeah, i think a nice light grey background wouldn't look to bad. Anyone know of a good .css coder! =]

Thanks David, my knowledge of coding/programming ends with Mysql and HTML. I will need to get a designer to fix that, if you have any recommendations please do let me know.