Thread: Borders?

Question Borders?

Does anyone have advice on borders? I am in the process of switch from frames to borders. They seem convenient, but...rather sneaky.

Do most sites use borders?

Comments?

what exactly do you mean by borders??
    --

Yeah, I don't know what you are referring to.

Me neither

Guess I will up my post count by one and alert everyone that I don't know what he is talking about also

Not sure how to go from frames to borders..

You mean you want to goto tables/cells?
    Its easy just make them and add content
    Nothing Special: True Archive , just my lil archive for fun... maybe turn into something more?

I'll just think that borders is geek talk for tables

It's always good to get away from frames for profesional sites - nothing sneeky about it, and search engines really don't like frames.

Goldfiles, you might want to re-phrase your question, as no one has the slightest clue of what you're referring to.

I know what borders are, but I'm not sure why you're asking whether you should replace your framsets with borders?

Did you choose to use frames to have the scroller bars act as some sort of content divider?

He most likely means tables. Rephrase please, Goldfiles?

Use a 1 pixel thick image. Put a table within a table to acheive this...

* wow!

I don't think I need to rephrase it! But I will explain. I am not referring to tables. Borders are found withing dreamweaver and front page (possibly other web site making programs). Borders allow you to edit the top or side navigation on EVERY page by only making changes once!
    Saves time. and allows for a nice layout. Check it out in Front Page. Go to Format then to Shared Borders.

I am very dissapointed.....You call yourselves webmasters....what a shame....

Some of the people here are webmasters, not psychics, able to guess exactly what you meant.

Besides, not everyone uses the same programs. And last time I checked, Notepad certainly didn't have a "Borders" feature.

I think maybe what you want to use is SSI? It doesn't seem that complicated if your web host supports it. There are tons of tutorials on that topic on the net.
    ~Aralanthiriel

There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty. Miss the island, though, and you're pretty much doomed.

*laughs* well you certainly are not.

Real webmasters code in notepad. Or vi.

Notepad and vi *don't do 'borders'*.

Here's a tip for you, actually two:
    1. Don't be rude to those you seek help and advice from.
    2. Read this. Now. How to ask questions the Smart Way
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

Aralanthiriel : great minds think alike.

Re: wow!

Originally posted by Goldfiles
    I don't think I need to rephrase it! But I will explain. I am not referring to tables. Borders are found withing dreamweaver and front page (possibly other web site making programs). Borders allow you to edit the top or side navigation on EVERY page by only making changes once!
    Saves time. and allows for a nice layout. Check it out in Front Page. Go to Format then to Shared Borders.

Okay, so not being aware of FrontPage's SHARED BORDERS (not "borders") tool justifies that we are not talented webmasters?

It's a shame that you are so inconsiderate to those only trying to assit you.

Anyways, it'd be best to use either SSI or the PHP include component.

i apologize for that comment......it was my fault...next time i'll be more exact with my questions..thanks anyway..
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

Look up Server Side Includes as one possible technique. Surf the Apache web site, assuming you use Apache.