3) Copy the contents of the uncompressed cgi-bin folder from your hard drive to the user cgi-bin directory (this includes awstats.pl, awstats.model.conf, and the lang, lib and plugins sub-directories).
4) If necessary (should not be needed with most setups), edit the first (top-most) line of awstats.pl file that is #!/usr/bin/perl to reflect the path were your Perl interpreter is installed. Default value works for most of Unix OS, but it also might be #!/usr/local/bin/perl
5) Move AWStats icon sub-directories and its content into a directory readable by your web server, for example /home/users/public_html/icons
6) Copy awstats.model.conf file into a new file named awstats.myvirtualhostname.conf. This new file must be stored in /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin.
7) Edit this new config file with your own setup :
- Change LogFile value with full path of your web server log file
(The path is:
- Check if LogFormat has the value "1" (it means "NCSA apache combined/ELF/XLF log format").
- Change DirIcons parameter to reflect relative path of icon directory.
- Edit SiteDomain parameter with the main domain name or the intranet web server name used to reach the web site to analyze (Example: www.mydomain.com).