dont abort command when putty closes connection

I have a series of command or a shell script that I want to run (via ssh) but many times I loose my connection for a moment and therefore the commands I entered are aborted. is there any way I can have the operation continue after I close the ssh connection?

Teh Interweb
    Have you tried running the command in the background. This way it seperates itself from the actual login.

./command &

[[email protected]] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

London, UK
    Install screen and run the commands within it.

Peter Verrill
    Real Hosts Limited - Excellent UK network for (un)managed Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers, Colocation and Rack Space

I installed screen on my server. Can you tell me how it works ? I typed screen in ssh prompt, i get the the command prompt again. Can you tell me how to use screen ?

Screen starts an independent session which stays running when/if you get disconnected.

Use man screen or some other documentation, google is your friend. One thing to get you started is, if you get disconnected after starting a screen session you can reconnect with "screen -r". I think you can also get help with Ctrl-A ? or Ctrl-X ?.