LayeredTech - how many other business do they run?

i was told by Scott B. that LT no longer use LTCT or LTSV for their support system and gave me the Accounts department at 1(800) 230-0800 to get my ID. i dial that number and was greeted with a real estate answering machine. so i look over the support ticket system and dial the toll free 1-866-230-0800 and it give me at least 4 options that include "outdoor solution".

how many different biz is LT in?

Layered Technologies
    Aldor Solutions
    The Grid Layer
    LayeredX

Those off the top of my head...
    Big things coming soon

what's the point of having a phone number if you require your customers to leave a name, phone number and message so you can get back at them.

Not so happy with LT's phone support so far.

p.s. i never have to call LT for support. this is my first time in two years that i'm with them. i was able to resovle all my problem with them by their online support. i'm shocked by two factors so far. the number that i was givine turn out to be some real estate company phone and the number on their support system listed two different company support/sales option.

is LT rolling with more than just dedicated server? do they have other biz?

lol one more addition to LT's hall of shame

Here's a partial (old maybe) list:

http://www.aldorsolutions.com/companies.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Here's a partial (old maybe) list:

http://www.aldorsolutions.com/companies.shtml
    Interesting to say the least.... thanks for the link.
    Host, YES!
    Reselling? Partner for profit instead!

Quote Originally Posted by jt2377
    what's the point of having a phone number if you require your customers to leave a name, phone number and message so you can get back at them.

Not so happy with LT's phone support so far.

p.s. i never have to call LT for support. this is my first time in two years that i'm with them. i was able to resovle all my problem with them by their online support. i'm shocked by two factors so far. the number that i was givine turn out to be some real estate company phone and the number on their support system listed two different company support/sales option.

is LT rolling with more than just dedicated server? do they have other biz?
    1. The number is not a support number.. They do not provide phone support. It's billing/accounts only.
    2. Yes, as posted above, they have 4 different companies as of now.

Aldor Solutions is one of them, along with LT, TGL, etc. They are more than welcome to use extensions to go to different buildings and different departments. They're paying the bills on the number, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by CEngine
    They are more than welcome to use extensions to go to different buildings and different departments. They're paying the bills on the number, not us.
    IMO it doesn't look very professional for a business of their size. Good heavens, just pony up for the separate phone numbers. It's not rocket science and it wouldn't cost that much more and it would look a lot better!!

BTW, technically, we are paying the bills on that number -- every penny they have comes from customers. If they don't succeed in acquiring our money, then they can't pay the bills. Which is why businesses do what they can to always put their best foot forward; why do something to screw up the deal, or even just plant doubt in a buyer's mind??

An experienced business person knows that at some point a lack of focus is detrimental to the product/service provided. Frankly, seeing what I've seen thanks to this thread, I am confident that now I understand why service at LT has gone down the chute. Looks like too many irons, too many fires, too many cooks in too many kitchens!!

And here I thought I was buying hosting service from a data center. Like a 100% focussed data center, just doing the data center thing. Little did I know the same operation could help me find a job dealing with dead people too! Bleh.

Bailey
    Last edited by bithost(NET); 12-31-2006 at 07:36 AM.
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

LayeredTech's phone line has always bugged me. I had no idea what Aldor Solutions was so I just heard technical support and spent a bunch of time trying to figure out what was going on.

Billing over the phone has been tolerable though. Short hold times and I've never hit voicemail.

I've had servers with them off and on and they have been ok. I just wanted to add my 2 cents though that there is a lot of businesses that have a parent company but it is odd that they don't have dedicated numbers to be reached at. Phone systems these days are cheap - especially if they even just got some voip system.

LT does not offer phone support, if you are complaining about poor phone support you might want to look into spending a bit more money for a provider that does offer phone support, ie EV1 or TP, etc.