Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay Clear

* Stay Clear

Please Read

I found this hosting site from some idiot on my msn list, started a convo between him and another friend that needed cpanel hosting. We asked him questions like where is the server located and he said " Don't know " and we then asked him if it was a Server or VPS and he said a VPS. He has no billing program and said his website is down at the moment because server admin is doing updates and will take 24hours! He claims he's a registered company and so on, and is only a kiddy! Stay well clear from jehosts.com and Annualwebhosting.com.

They wanted my friend to paypal over msn!

Regards
    Craig

Thanks for the warning! That's funny. (And it's not funny at the same time.)
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

The first website is full of errors.

But your story happens daily with all the kiddie hosts running around.

Quote Originally Posted by jmweb
    The first website is full of errors.

But your story happens daily with all the kiddie hosts running around.
    This is exactly what i was about to say! prob a kid wanting to make a few bucks!
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Whois on Annualwebhosting.com looks interesting.

Also like the way the first one says phone support, then has no phone number.
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

is likely this is the most exposure those sites have had.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHosting
    Whois on Annualwebhosting.com looks interesting.

Also like the way the first one says phone support, then has no phone number.
    Very funny LOL
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

hmmm.. Thats strange cos i have been with jehosts now for quite a while and the service has been excellent. Phone support information is given as soon as you sign up for the service, advertising it on the site probs isn't always the best way anyway. MSN support team granted are busy but always helpful.

Yes there website has been faulty at times, but the service underneath that is excellent and they have always had a billing system. And on top of that considering the company is relatively new can u blame them for having a few technical issues with there site after all there is a lot of stuff u need to do when ur running a few servers.

I think its may be more likely the case someone has had there account suspended and isnt to pleased about it.

vb6coder, can you tell us how long you've been with them and a domain you have hosted with them?
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

i have been with jehosts for 6 months now and have never had a problem with them. they are always available for help and support via email/telephone/msn, and there staff are well trained and experienced in web hosting

Coincidence that both craigno2001 and vb6coder both registered today? Also find it intresting that these are their only posts...

Quote Originally Posted by craigno2001
    i have been with jehosts for 6 months now and have never had a problem with them. they are always available for help and support via email/telephone/msn, and there staff are well trained and experienced in web hosting
    And what domain do you have with them?

the domain i have is rommienet.co.uk

This isn't the first time I've heard the term "kiddie hosts" mentioned. Is there any tried and true method for distinguishing between them and a dependable host?
    InfTek Hosting
    Shared and Dedicated Kerio MailServer Solutions
    http://www.inftekhosting.com

his design on Annualwebhosting.com looks like it has been stolen or ripped off from somebody else. the main logo font doesn't even match the design.
    also, his other website Jehosts.com doesn't even have a site logo.
    i would definately beware.

Quote Originally Posted by vb6coder
    hmmm.. Thats strange cos i have been with jehosts now for quite a while and the service has been excellent. Phone support information is given as soon as you sign up for the service, advertising it on the site probs isn't always the best way anyway. MSN support team granted are busy but always helpful.

Yes there website has been faulty at times, but the service underneath that is excellent and they have always had a billing system. And on top of that considering the company is relatively new can u blame them for having a few technical issues with there site after all there is a lot of stuff u need to do when ur running a few servers.

I think its may be more likely the case someone has had there account suspended and isnt to pleased about it.
    I've highlighted the two bits that make me laugh.

This isn't the first time I've heard the term "kiddie hosts" mentioned. Is there any tried and true method for distinguishing between them and a dependable host?
    That's the purpose of this whole forum. It can't be reduced to one method. But if you want to have a bit of fun, ask them a few things about their business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by craigno2001
    Six months? Seems like you've only been with 'em two months.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290052098508

I like how the auction lists AMD servers at the top, and Intel Xeon at the bottom. And the Shoutcast auction says they have servers in Europe and Canada. >>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290068917730
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V
    Six months? Seems like you've only been with 'em two months.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290052098508

I like how the auction lists AMD servers at the top, and Intel Xeon at the bottom. And the Shoutcast auction says they have servers in Europe and Canada. >>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290068917730
    LOL

Busted!

haha! awful!!!

Strange and interesting thread!

One client "vb6coder" jumping in, in an attempt to defend his host seems to be a bit fishy with those number of evidences presented in the thread.

If the host is that good, any other client from the same host sharing his experience with the help of good evidences will be helpful to distuinguish the host from a kiddie host.
    No more browsing WHT as a guest user

I think that defending a host i happen to think good and reliable is a good enough reason to register.

I personally would recommend jehosts. I have a domain name which is psp2k.com a site about the PSP homebrew scene which altho has had its down time it was with a previous hosting company.

The service you get is friendly and excellent support. But i have to admit the site is not very helpful and is a template as far as i can see. But that can only get better, the service behind that is professional.

@Smooth - And relatively new and quite a while can be quite similar e.g. 6 months in business terms is quite new - but in the same respect a long time in a web site basis. Anyone with any common sense with business will know that the first/second year in business is what would be classed as a new business.

@Keith W and whoever else saying about 6 month thing - You can have two web hosting products that is possible you know. And anyway lots of people get their friends to buy summat of ebay maybe this is the case.

You know maybe people should stop being so suspicious and actually get some common sense. If i had beaten the original poster to it praising them you would have believed me and been less likely to believe any one with opposite views just like in this case. Its only cos i am defending the company and registered to defend them that people are sayin basically i dont believe you.
    Last edited by vb6coder; 01-23-2007 at 05:59 PM.

The domain registration for psp2k.com matches both of the hosts records. For the average skeptic like yours truly out there how would we know that you are not the host, or a buddy he asked to post on his behalf?

Reference: http://whois.domaintools.com/psp2k.com

Nothing personal, just trying to sort fact from fiction . Nice site, BTW.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Thanks for the compliments about the site. I agree that the jehosts site does need updating and improving but its the service after you bought and paid for subscription/domain that matters to me i only visit their site once or twice lol especially with msn support

Quote Originally Posted by vb6coder
    You know maybe people should stop being so suspicious and actually get some common sense. If i had beaten the original poster to it praising them you would have believed me and been less likely to believe any one with opposite views just like in this case. Its only cos i am defending the company and registered to defend them that people are sayin basically i dont believe you.
    Perhaps, but I guess we are, by nature, suspicious of new members who come out of the woodwork when <random host> is being called out on a few issues.

Based on the facts so far I'm inclined to believe the OP.
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

So you mean your inclined to believe the thread starter who has one post as well and has never came back hmmm

At least i have the decency to come back and follow my comments up.

And another thing the domain name is registered by jehosts owner as you probly guessed but i run the site and am a customer of jehosts. I got a free domain with the package and they register it under the name of the owner

*EDIT* sorry for double post

The OP started the ball rolling, so to speak the followup posts build the substance (see Mike V's post). No-one is trying to stop you from posting positive about this company, just dont expect people to take your work for it and disregard all the other evidence.
    Damian | i n f i n i x | Are you a hosting refugee?

I am not saying they shud however all i got since i posted positively is basically accused of being the host lol and there have been two positive reply's even if you suspect one of them to be lying (and in fairness it does look that way) but like i sed before you can get two hosting packages.

i admit i wudnt have the first clue how to manage any server never had the chance and i wouldnt want the hassle of having to provide hosting either. My knowledge is strictly windows based at least for now.

So like i sed the company isn't the best established but i would definately say they have good customer support. They definately have a billing system a quick browse of there site says they do www.jehosts.com/client powered by whmcs. So come one guys the evidence isnt all bad!!

It tends to look a little fishy when two happy clients and the host all signup on the same day. The host has yet to respond though.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

I agree i would be suspicious lol but it isnt really my fault if that does happen.

Anyway i just wanted to let you guys no that despite an "alledged" bad experience it should put you off giving them a go. After all if it is true which i honestly dont no if it is, jehosts deserves another chance as does everyone.

I havent heard of annualwebhosting so i cant comment on them.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    It tends to look a little fishy when two happy clients and the host all signup on the same day. The host has yet to respond though.
    I'm curious why you think the host would even respond? Maybe he/she has better things to do than using the search function here all day? I doubt it's even been brought to their attention, I'm sure you are shocked at the thought.
    There's a difference between being skeptical and being paranoid.
    If you want the company to respond, simply email them and inform them of this thread. As opposed to thinking bad things when they don't magically show up. Blah.

well jehosts was shut down yesterday as i had a reseller with them, after rentaserv ditchin me and telling me to go to JEHosts im not happy at all, considering getting a master reseller from eBay from giftythinguk (anyone with them ?)

at least another hosting company is down so that means it might be better for other people not to sign upto them and pay out more

Quote Originally Posted by TheHostUK
    Please Read

I found this hosting site from some idiot on my msn list, started a convo between him and another friend that needed cpanel hosting. We asked him questions like where is the server located and he said " Don't know " and we then asked him if it was a Server or VPS and he said a VPS. He has no billing program and said his website is down at the moment because server admin is doing updates and will take 24hours! He claims he's a registered company and so on, and is only a kiddy! Stay well clear from jehosts.com and Annualwebhosting.com.

They wanted my friend to paypal over msn!

Regards
    Craig
    thx for the heads up
    None

You know, the scariest thing is that you never know who is sitting behind a computer - a huge support staff or one untalented kid. Personally, the first thing I do is scour the internet for reviews and more importantly, the replies from the hosts themselves. In their replies, if the host is badmouthing the customer or divulging personal information in an attempt to get back at them - very unprofessional, and warns me to stay away.

There's always going to be people who post negative reviews about you, I'm always more curious to see if the host handles it properly.

And with my 2 cents.... let's see if jehosts.com responds.

-Priest-

Quote Originally Posted by Priest
    You know, the scariest thing is that you never know who is sitting behind a computer - a huge support staff or one untalented kid. Personally, the first thing I do is scour the internet for reviews and more importantly, the replies from the hosts themselves. In their replies, if the host is badmouthing the customer or divulging personal information in an attempt to get back at them - very unprofessional, and warns me to stay away.

There's always going to be people who post negative reviews about you, I'm always more curious to see if the host handles it properly.

And with my 2 cents.... let's see if jehosts.com responds.

-Priest-
    i think its a kid who operated the JEHosts, but not entirely sure, the way he spoke to me on MSN it did sound like he was a kid and was basically trying anything on to get me to spend my money with him

Just glad i didnt buy with him (the person who provided me with the reseller had a master reseller from there)

But anyway its a good thing and a bad thing its gone down

Sorry to see it was shut down, I really wanted to see their site after reading this entire thread.

edit:

Took a look at his eBay account, check out the last two feedback (both negative):

"took my money and robbed me, scam artist, he claims tto be 17 years old, beware"

&

"buyers beware, hosting is us based, & whm expired !! keep away scam artist"
    Last edited by Dan - N1H; 03-20-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Good thing you didn't buy from him. Why would a legit hosting company ever try to sell using MSN?

Quote Originally Posted by YourWebSpace
    Good thing you didn't buy from him. Why would a legit hosting company ever try to sell using MSN?
    Although it's not my main focus I wouldn't be opposed to answering some questions to potential customers on MSN. I've already got it and if thats what they feel comfortable with that's fine.

[Edit] So much for reliability vb6coder's site PSP2k.com is down
    Last edited by Nunim; 03-27-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Hi,

The "Annualwebhosting.com" is a complete joke!! The website looks like its come from one of those download a free template here now during a ICT lesson at school!.
    I am trying to start my own hosting business up and then please like that make it really hard for really companys with really prospects to make it!

tomsanders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast