Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    450

    A Datacentre near you! HILARIOUS

    Hey Guys,

    Just browsing through YouTube and found this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXvn...elated&search=

    If you love DELL or INTEL do not watch this it may scar you for life.

    However if you prefer CUSTOM BUILDS and AMD then this will make your new year.

    Happy New Year, Hope this is a good one.


    Jamie
    ***********************************
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    ***********************************
    www.codesworld.info

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tipton, IN
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Servers4me
    Hey Guys,

    Just browsing through YouTube and found this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXvn...elated&search=

    If you love DELL or INTEL do not watch this it may scar you for life.

    However if you prefer CUSTOM BUILDS and AMD then this will make your new year.

    Happy New Year, Hope this is a good one.


    Jamie
    Normally, I'd be offended, but I love my little Core 2 Duo, as it puts those claims to shame!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    450
    Ive got a couple of dells but they do get alot hotter than our custom builds.
    ***********************************
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    ***********************************
    www.codesworld.info

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    904
    Thats a good find! I like the server climbing wall - looks kinda fun .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,125
    Question for those who've had Dell, how do they cheap out on the thermal design? I know that for the desktops, they use a fan shroud on top of the CPU heatsink connected to the 80mm fan in the back. What do they do with servers?
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTigger
    Question for those who've had Dell, how do they cheap out on the thermal design? I know that for the desktops, they use a fan shroud on top of the CPU heatsink connected to the 80mm fan in the back. What do they do with servers?
    Yes they use a shroud with a 80mm fan on servers too. However this is not really an issue and on 1u it is standard fare(well not 80mm, but a high CFM small fan)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,125
    Do they like give you a smaller heatsink or one with inferior copper or what?
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTigger
    Do they like give you a smaller heatsink or one with inferior copper or what?
    No in fact on a tower server it is a HUGE copper heatsink about 6 in tall

    I don't know about their 1u recent heatsinks as I have not worked on one recently.

    I know on their blades it is a large flat copper heatsinks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    174
    lol thats quality

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,958
    I think I posted this a few months ago...
    It's Scott!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    450
    May well of done Scott, just thought id reshare as it really made my day .

    Maybe they can do that at the next HostingCon, have a "Dell Wall" first one to the top gets a free Dell Server, Chicken and 13A Fuse
    ***********************************
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    ***********************************
    www.codesworld.info

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •