webhost.com value?

I'm wondering what you all think the webhost.com domain is worth?

Is this your domain?
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by not-even-a-mouse
    Is this your domain?
    I wouldn't think so.

webhost.com is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it, and in the hosting game, that would be in the 6 figures range, imo.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

I need clarification from the thread starter thanks Bob. Given his username contains Michael and the domain is registered to Michael, this may be the wrong forum for this thread.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

No worries.

Michael, if you own the domain I was kidding about the 6 figures. What I meant was $600.00. I'll give ya a $1000.00 for it.

I'm sure he is genuine or at least maybe looking at buying it. I mean if you were thinking of buying or selling a domain name whatever the price then this would be one of the first forums I would use...

I'm not an expert on valuations but I would guess it would be at least high 6 figures...?
    hosting is ongoing

If I was looking to buy a domain I would go announcing it to the world.
    Signature Under Construction.

I would say 100-150K is about right

To answer your question - no, I don't own the domain. Sure wish I did. I was inspired to look for available domains after reading about the webhosting.com story and how much business that domain generated - I had posted about that elsewhere on the site (in the business section) but the link is here:

http://www.jesserasch.com/jesse_rasc...reneurial.html

I don't think it's any secret that this domain is available - the owner probably has received daily emails for as long as he has owned it from potential buyers, that's why I didn't feel I was giving anything away in solicitng an opinion on value. Thanks for the feedback so far. BTW, is there anyway to determine traffic levels to a domain if you don't have access to log files?

What's wierd is the webhost.com owner is not doing anything with the domain. I mean for crying out loud, get a parking page up there or something. It's basically money for nothing. I'm sure there would be a lot of hosts willing to pay $x,xxx/mth to have that domain point to their brand.

I agree. The owner is literally throwing away money.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!