Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Good 24 hours support in europe?

I would love to have your opinions on where can I find a good company with good support, I know Rackspace.com is very good but also the most unbelievable expensive one. Maybe that's how much a good suport costs but hey I don't need full 24hour managed support with online backups standing by.

Just one datacenter where someone is there 24 hours so if something goes bad someone will eventually fix it on time. Not like my existing hosting company that doesn't even have someone outside of 9-5 hours!!

I have 3 servers and maybe I would need more in the future my current hosting company is XLHost.net which they are very cheap and their network is OK. But they have the bad support which is to be expected given the cheap prices but I eventually came (boiled) to the point I want *out* after they continuesely left without a working server.

And as I am writing this, my servers are down and the support left them there...

Anyway, I need a data center where a 24h technician 365/365 shift is there to do simple tasks like reboot once a month or shutdown a server, or maybe login to the server and issue a apf --stop.

I would love to have a remote reboot function and better yet a full KVM solution so i don't have to deal with any supporter anymore!

I would love to find something in EUROPE because that would mean much faster pings from Greece (which all my traffic comes).

I'm open to any options...

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nektarios
    I would love to have a remote reboot function and better yet a full KVM solution so i don't have to deal with any supporter anymore!
    You can get it where You already are.
    As far as I know XLHost.com offers both KVM & reboot switches.

I would love to find something in EUROPE because that would mean much faster pings from Greece (which all my traffic comes).
    I'm with Leaseweb, Netherlands (leaseweb.com)
    Nothing to complain about there.

Sammy

They left me with no servers for 1 whole day now and they do not respond to any calls or emails, this is a *deal breaker* for me and I decided to move no matter what they offer.

In the end it is unbelievable how bad XLHost's support is...

Leaseweb also didn't respond to my calls, can you try and call tech support and see if there's someone there standing by?

Leaseweb also didn't respond to my calls, can you try and call tech support and see if there's someone there standing by?

Since it's saturday and almost NewYears eve, ill guess Leaseweb sales & administration are closed, but the tech support has always answer my emails quickly at any time.

And I can always reboot my server through my reboot switch if needed at any time.

Sammy

Leaseweb does not do support outside working hours, unless you pay for a SLA. If you pay for the proper SLA they will give support 24/7

I dont know any support companies that offer 24 hour support. But what i do know is a good software solution to offer support to your clients its called WHMCS it also will automate billing for you. Its $13.95 a month which to me is worth it for first class billing and support.

I would give Datapipe a call. We use them in the US, and they're great, way up there with Rackspace and similar.

They have a datacenter in the UK.

I've gone through 4 providers in Amsterdam in the last 2 years, trying to find a provider who can hold a candle to the US with regards to customer service.

After having our latest server go down and have to trade emails with my current host for over a day with no solutions, I'm thinking there is a serious culture issue - they would rather make their money with setup fees than actually want to keep your business long term.

I refuse to pay extra for service that comes standard in the US - I'll move my services that are there back to the US with the rest of our services are located.

From more then 6 years of hosting in US , I tryed to move my sites in Europe , but after my bad experience with leaseweb in this month I will forget europeans providers for sure !!!
    I received the server after 18 days since I placed the order. But after 4 days the server was down more then 12 hours from sunday to monday morning caused by a switch panel failure!
    I ask them for the full refund but they refused ! I shut down the server .
    So I used a server for 5 days and I paid for it 155 Euro, one month rent plus the setup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by paco68
    From more then 6 years of hosting in US , I tryed to move my sites in Europe , but after my bad experience with leaseweb in this month I will forget europeans providers for sure !!!
    I received the server after 18 days since I placed the order. But after 4 days the server was down more then 12 hours from sunday to monday morning caused by a switch panel failure!
    I ask them for the full refund but they refused ! I shut down the server .
    So I used a server for 5 days and I paid for it 155 Euro, one month rent plus the setup !!!
    While it seems the original poster has tried several providers and had bad experienced, you seem to have only tried leaseweb and are abandoning Europe as a result. Leaseweb aren't a "bad" provider, but they certainly aren't known for their support, and nor do they claim to be, if you read their TOS.

This forum is a great resource, I suggest you use it to find a provider than can match your expectations.
    ••••• John Strong - SolidHost COO •••••
    »» http://www.SolidHost.com ««
    SolidHost offers fully managed Linux and Windows VPS's in the Netherlands , with Plesk, cPanel, Directadmin and Helm.

John,

I truely believe that the US companies that we've used have set such a high standard at reasonable prices, that anyone doing business in the US would be extremely let down attempting to do business in Amsterdam (generally).

I've never seen anywhere on WTH a comparable company with the backend system support like Softlayer in Amsterdam.

Support seams to be 'a la carte' with the 4 providers we've tried - Leaseweb was the first, yet after a week of them finally agreeing to replace the server, we had already moved on (such a long time ago but still ruffles my feathers).

I wish I had $100 for each time we received an email or ticket response that stated something to the effect " support after hours is an additional cost" or " you should have ordered a remote reboot"

How many times has a box locked up during a reboot, and you can reboot it until you are blue in the face, and it still requires some "hands on".

Ask for Help at Softlayer, GNAX, Steadfast, etc, and those Pro's will help out (at no extra cost) with the easy stuff. No wonder I've been with 2 of the 3 above for almost 4 years... Ask for a little help in Amsterdam, and you get a "please sign your 1st born child to us before we will take our butts out of the chair".

No thanks - I'd prefer to pay someone who WANTS my return business - not just my setup fee.

My very last try is going to be in the UK - I'll eat the extra in the exchange rate - perhaps I'll be able to sleep better.

if your looking for the best, you only want to go with RazorBlue in the UK

dkitchen@razorblue.com

-S

I have to agree with lostpacket they are good

I understand Leaseweb SLA policey, but its no excuse if a switch panel broken on Saturday morning and they replaced only on Monday morning because they don't work at weekend ! Dear Leaseweb it's your equipment , I can't fix your network from miles away !!!

they clearly state there is NO SLA on hardware, what would you expect
    Perigee Global Corporation
    Design, Development and Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated Servers, CDN, Hosted E-Mail, Web Hosting, VPS & Cloud Servers
    1.212.400-7632 www.perigeeglobal.com

Quote Originally Posted by jNive
    they clearly state there is NO SLA on hardware, what would you expect
    Asking someone to wait a whole weekend is a little excessive don't you think, forgetting about any document .

Sure, we could all close our helpdesk on a weekend and totally ignore our clients until 9AM Monday, but we wouldn't have many clients left.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

liquidweb

give liquidweb a shout. they are a fully managed service comparable to rackspace, without the nasy price tag

i said what would you expect from leaseweb, not that it was ok or completely acceptable lol, i agree its very silly to pay the base price of a dedicated server ( without the SLA addons ) and for that price to mean if your hardware had an issue, that they will RESPOND when they get around to it, which is liekly at 24 hours and or more liely its will be around the 48 hour mark. Even paying the SLA level2 at €67 ( $84 ) per month means that even on monday evening at 6pm, that you shouldnt even expect a response until the following business day.

To get the hardware guarantees of most providers ( who pledge to replace any defective hardware within 2 hours usually, once diagnosed ) would be €202.40 / month ( which is about $250 / month ) extra.

Oh and Dan im looking forward to the new razorblue site , have seen that splash page too many times this week lol :-)
    Last edited by jNive; 01-22-2007 at 03:22 PM.
    Perigee Global Corporation
    Design, Development and Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated Servers, CDN, Hosted E-Mail, Web Hosting, VPS & Cloud Servers
    1.212.400-7632 www.perigeeglobal.com

Quote Originally Posted by scnadmin

Support seams to be 'a la carte' with the 4 providers we've tried - Leaseweb was the first, yet after a week of them finally agreeing to replace the server, we had already moved on (such a long time ago but still ruffles my feathers).
    What other Amsterdam based providers did you use? some go above and beyond to make sure their clients are happy, others simply take your money and run, but that is definately not the case with most Amsterdam based providers.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Why not search in Greece direct? There are a few providers where they can sort out something for you.
    www.guru-host.eu
    Clustered hosting, VPS & dedicated servers in the UK, Germany, France and Greece since 2003.

I have few servers with Leaseweb and only what I could say that they have worst support I ever seen, and hardware loosks like from "second-hand".
    I have about 40 servers in different DC and only at Leaseweb we had 4 hard drive problems, in all others only 1 ... from 2 years.
    Second thing ... 3 times because of this problem we loose all data. And not because hdd crash but because of Leaseweb support. The funniest thing is that 2 of them was on 1 server with Raid5(5hdd's) +1 backup drive. First time there was errors on 2 drives from raid ... they do some fsck checks that corrupt our all data on raid and of course backup drive (backup drive was ok before), they replaced all hdd's and for about 5 months on same server it happend again. This time drac was reporting errors on one hdd from array, we request replacing this 1 and quess what .... yes ... they mess up all data again (we had first 5hdds in raid and last as backup but the greatest support rebuild array from last 5hdd and first mount as backup...)
    Summary: many hardware and network problems (today again - no information at noc...), very incompetent nad pricey support- more you can find on this forum.

I don't think you would have a problem with coreix or dedifast.

If you are looking for extraordinary service and support in Europe, check out Chilihost.nl. They tend to cater to adult, but they have a number of commercial clients as well, and I have never heard *anyone* say anything bad about them, ever, which is more than I can say for any other provider.

They aren't inexpensive, but if uptime and responsiveness are crucial, they cannot be beat.

We are also looking for a European company with good support. We don't need support every day, but when we do need it, we expect it to be within minutes-hours.

It might be a stupid question, but do European (non-UK) hosts provide support in English?

This post has been around for quite some time. We signed up with Solidhost about the time that John posted on this. Honestly - one of the VERY BEST choices I've made in my business.

Solidhost has been awesome, reliable, affordable - everything we needed.

I highly recommend them for your NL needs....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast