Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to advertise?

Hi.

What is the best way to advertise your business?

I havent got thousands to spend, but what is the most cost effective way to get more people parting there cash over?

Thanks,
    Nathaniel
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

Nathan, your links are broken or your website isn't up. I was going to check out your business, but couldn't find a page.
    Patrick K. HendersonSales Manager
    LiquidWeb.com
    StormOnDemand.com
    Twitter: LW_Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebPatrick
    Nathan, your links are broken or your website isn't up. I was going to check out your business, but couldn't find a page.
    Sorry try it now. My signiture was incorrect. Just changed it

Thanks,
    Nathaniel
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

try google adwords and yahoo search engine marketing program, they are worth a try.

I just bought a slot into an online radio...dunno how that is.
    I recommend a host... St. Croix Computer Company

Get a new website would help.

What do you mean get a new website?

I think it won't matter how much you advertise with a web site like that (not trying to be a prick), but it's ugly, and not professional.

Even if you spend money on advertising, chances are only 1/1000 will sign-up, or none will, because of that template, but if you spend less on advertising and a better website, then you won't get as many visitors, but you'll have a higher ratio of sign-ups (and more sign-ups).

It seemed drop dead obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Crick
    I think it won't matter how much you advertise with a web site like that (not trying to be a prick), but it's ugly, and not professional.

Even if you spend money on advertising, chances are only 1/1000 will sign-up, or none will, because of that template, but if you spend less on advertising and a better website, then you won't get as many visitors, but you'll have a higher ratio of sign-ups (and more sign-ups).

It seemed drop dead obvious to me.
    Unfortunatly, I have to agree with Joshua. The website that I can see now is very un-attractive from a prospective customer stand point. The images and style used on your website is uniuqe however, has absolutely nothing to do with the industry what soever.

Unfortunately you have to agree with me! Are you trying to get at something there!

I'm going to have to agree with the others regarding the website. IT HAS TO CHANGE... NO way your going to get any type of clients using that design.. Take a look at some of the larger host sites and get an idea of how they layout, you will see the difference.

Also I would suggest dropping the FREE hosting and also not doing any hosting plans under $5.00/mo

We are starting up another webhosting business and with this business we didn't want to have a big corporate look, but a nice cultural theme. We are attracting lots of business in wales (where we live: about 8 sign ups aweek), but not much anywhere else(1 or 2 a week, if we are lucky). The next hosting business we are going to be starting is going to have a much more corporate look and feel to it.

Also we only give away free accounts if they have a register domain. We believe if they have invested in a domain, they might invest in a hosting package.

you need a WEB 2.0 look!

What do you mean by a web 2.0 look. We want to keep cymraegwaleshosting.com with a more cultural look and our other webhosting site with a more corporate look.

Thanks,
    Nathaniel

I agree with everyone else on the site, you can have a cultural look that is also a nice looking design.

Word of mouth advertising works the best and its free. If you get some clients that are active in the local business community they can do wonders for your business without costing you a thing, other then the initial cost of getting that client to sign up.

Because of the cultural look, I have been invited to big bussiness that help other business in IT and i have just done a presentation to over 100 IT Advisers. And because we contained the word wales and we are based in wales, Our business has just gone sky high with in a week of doing the meeting

I would focus on your local area and not bother with Adwords or Yahoo. Do you have newspapers, businesses that you can market to and chambers of commerce or any business associations you can join? I don't think your market is as flooded as the US market and i think sticking with local / countrywide customers would be most benneficial to you.

Search marketing in your area would be futile if you ask me. Work on getting natural search engine placement for people looking for hosting in your area and focus on growing your businesses that way.

i guess my point is local pride in a sense

Well my sister companiy owns a TV Station. We are in the middle of making a few adds. I will post them here once we are done.

I like the design. Apart from the blue links of the right they are impossible to read.

I am going to make them a lighter blue when i get the chance

Are the links better now?

Thanks,
    Nathaniel

I agree. very very ugly site. eww

you need a GOOD web designer. fire the one you have if you ever plan to make a decent income. if you wanna work for peanuts continue doing what ur doing

Hello
    At the moment I keep in mind some ways to advertise your site
    Seo (just try to write articles and submit them to dirrectories)
    Adwords (I think it is the best PPC)
    I think it should be your first steps.

Quote Originally Posted by LN10009
    I agree. very very ugly site. eww

you need a GOOD web designer. fire the one you have if you ever plan to make a decent income. if you wanna work for peanuts continue doing what ur doing
    The design of the site is being kept. On average we get about 20 sign ups on our site/week. A little Q&A we run found out that most of our income comes from people who prefer our site compared to corporate sites because we have a more friendly feel. Corporate sites make people left out or forgotten about.

Also i dont think you can call this peanuts, but i make about £600/week ($1000) from my hosting. I am now looking to employ other people.

good luck to you then.

My site does not look like my little brother made it and we are pulling in over 28k/month

keep working for those peanuts!

If you need a decent designer to make a 'non-corporate' site with a professional business feel to it, let me know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast